Cloud and DevOps Architect
The position would be working within a small but fast paced Web Operations/Infrastructure team for a large international broadcaster.
There is a mix of day to day maintenance and small change work (such as changing DNS entries, setting up new sites in terms of web server configuration etc…) and strategic changes to our infrastructure to improve it further (one such example would be the recent introduction of a VPN to protect a number of things on our network).
Technical Experience required:
The ideal candidate for this key role in shaping the Cloud and DevOps vision for our clients will have experience in a development or operations role, working in digital technologies. You will have excellent technical skills across a wide range of platforms, languages and automation tools and will have an inquisitive nature that keeps you up to date with the latest developments:
- Excellent client-facing communication and presentation skills at all levels of the organisation
- Commercial experience defining strategies for digital businesses
- Commercial experience leading teams within the Digital arena, preferably (but not essentially) within Cloud and DevOps
- Experience running Agile projects using methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFE, etc.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering large technology projects successfully (considering all aspects such as cost [implementation and running], performance, maintainability, durability, failover, disaster recovery etc…)
- Significant hands-on technology experience working with relevant technologies such as:
- OS layer – particularly Linux, but also Windows Server
- Web / application servers – Apache, NGINX, IIS, Tomcat, JBOSS, Node, PHP, HHVM, Go
- Automation technologies – such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Source control systems – Git, SVN, Team Services
- Build systems – Jenkins, Bamboo, Cruise Control
- Scripting languages – Perl, Python, PHP, Bash scripts, Powershell scripts
- Cloud – AWS, Azure
- Virtualisation – Vagrant, Docker
- Automated testing – Selenium, Load Runner
- Experience with or awareness of typical digital platforms including:
- Content management: Adobe Experience Manager, Sitecore, OpenText, Drupal, Wordpress
- Ecommerce: Websphere Commerce, Oracle ATG, Hybris
- Digital marketing: social media, personalisation, targeting, SEO, PPC
- Front-end technologies: HTML5, CSS, JS
- Infrastructure: SaaS, security, server technologies, Content Delivery Networks (such as Akamai, CloudFront, MaxCDN)
- Devices: iOS (iPhone / iPad), Android, set-top boxes
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a Computer Science-related discipline or equivalent
The closing date for this role is the 29th April 2016. Note that Accenture reserves the right to close applications at any time when a suitable candidate is found.
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Education: Postgraduate degree
Benefits: Analyst (from £24,000 + package) Senior Analyst (from £26,000 + package) Specialist/Team lead (from