Senior Change Consultant
London based with travel expected within the UK / with international opportunities
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world. As a wholly independent organisation, we are owned in trust for the benefit of our employees with no shareholders or external investors we determine our own business priorities and direction.
Our 45 strong Operations Consulting group, mostly based in London and Solihull offices, is a multi-disciplinary group bringing together specialist skills in people, processes and assets to deliver excellence to our clients’ operations. The group includes a core of change consultants from an array of professional disciplines: occupational psychology, human factors, change and management consultancy.
We place a strong emphasis on ensuring that our service offerings are grounded in scientific or evidence based principles and tailored to meet the specific needs of the range of clients that we work with. We are driven to make a difference in what we do, and encourage creativity and innovation across the team to create the very best solutions for our clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Consultant to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and apply specialist skills on a range of high profile client projects across mature market sectors, including healthcare, transport, energy, water and cities. We provide a world leading environment for ambitious and motivated individuals who have a real passion for people consulting and change management and its application within a commercial engineering, design and consultancy environment.
This is an opportunity to join a growing, collaborative and creative team and to contribute to a range of exciting and interesting projects, to further develop your consultancy capability and scientist-practitioner skills and deliver successful outcomes for our clients. You’ll be empowered to work autonomously with appropriate support.
Key elements of this role includes:
- Producing and overseeing work outputs to a high technical quality
- Leading and managing projects, teams, skills and service areas, developing commercial plans, managing project finances and resourcing and engaging in general consultant activities
- Working directly with clients and building client relations
- Leading business development activities such as attending networking events, identifying business opportunities and writing proposals
- Engaging with a range of stakeholders within Arup to help influence other disciplines to understand the value of operations consulting
We are looking for people with the following qualities:
- Strong knowledge, skills and experience in the application of organisational readiness; and/or organisational design; and/or leadership development; and/or behavioural and organisational change.
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively
- A collaborative style of working that fosters innovation and team working
- Be driven and motivated to work in a commercial consulting environment, usually to tight client deadlines
- An organised and methodological approach to problem solving and decision-making
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly effective at building and sustaining client relationships
Essential Experience and Knowledge:
- Typically more than 6 years’ experience in a consulting or in-house environment.
- Experience in the design and implementation of behavioural/organizational change initiatives (e.g. competency frameworks, employee and stakeholder engagement initiatives)
- You will need to demonstrate experience of leading projects and programmes including commercial, financial and resourcing responsibilities
- You will be required to travel to client sites throughout the UK, as determined by the needs of a project, so you will need a driving license.
- MSc in the behavioural or management sciences field e.g. occupational psychology, organisational behaviour, organisational design, MBA
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in organizational readiness (job analysis, selection and assessment, training needs analysis, large scale training design and delivery)
- Experience of assessment (e.g. design and delivery of assessment centres)
- Experience of leadership development (e.g. design, delivery and management of development programmes incorporating psychometrics, coaching, workshops, and innovative learning formats)
- Experience in the application of the full training cycle within operational environments, ideally within transport, emergency services or energy sectors
- Experienced facilitator, comfortable working with groups including senior management cohorts
- Accredited to use psychometric instruments: Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing (formerly Level A & B)
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, combined with one of the best benefits package in our sector. Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. You will also have access to a grade related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
How to apply:
Please send your covering email including your CV and location to email@example.com