IT Transformation Consultant
Any CIO must be able to demonstrate the value that information and IT delivers. This requires the delivery of IT in a predictable, responsive, innovative and cost-effective manner to support business strategies. Capgemini’s IT Transformation team helps CIOs deliver the value expected of them by strengthening the way in which their IT delivery organisation works.
We are looking for a number of bright, experienced, knowledgeable and dynamic consultants who can analyse an IT operating model and improve it. Successful candidates are likely to have worked for a leading management consultancy in IT effectiveness, or have been members of IT leadership teams responsible for transforming the delivery performance of their IT functions.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Advising on the transformation of IT departments, or functional units within them;
- Managing and/or delivering assignments varying from individual consulting engagements to projects in large client and supplier teams;
- Supporting all stages of the sales process, from exploratory client meetings to identifying opportunities, shaping solutions and writing/presenting proposals;
- Developing new points of view about the delivery of IT in today’s rapidly changing business environment, creating new offerings and propositions based upon them
Essential skills, knowledge & experience:
We are looking for the highest calibre individuals who exhibit the following attributes, experience and skills that enable them to deliver rapid value to our clients:
- A strong academic and continuing professional development record, ideally including a good degree or management qualification;
- An operational background in one or more aspects of the IT Operating Model, such as Projects and Programmes Delivery, Service Management, IT Strategy etc. Can provide examples of scale and depth in producing detailed deliverables; covering organisation model, level 3/4 processes and governance mechanisms;
- Analytical assessment of IT value and alignment with organisational strategy;
- Development and implementation of leading practices;
- Demonstrable skills in Facilitation, Stakeholder Engagement, Strategic Thinking, Presentation and Coaching;
- Working knowledge of operating models that involve 3rd party outsourcing relationships;
- Application of good communication and presentation skills to influence stakeholders and support sales by creating proposals for specific opportunities. This covers the definition of the approach and commercial proposition, and the inclusion of one or more of the following:
- Business Process Transformation
- Business Case Definition
- Business Change Management
- Project / Programme Management
- Use of consulting skills, in conjunction with logical and methodical approaches, to analyse issues, derive solutions and propose recommendations.
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience:
- Worked directly for and been accountable to CxO-level, board-level or departmental head clients (or equivalent);
- Quantified, demonstrated or justified the benefits of an IT-enabled business change project;
- Worked in at least three different industry sectors on IT-enabled business change projects;
- Dealt (acting client side) with major third-party vendors or suppliers in a delivery, service or procurement role;
- Contributed substantially to responses to RFPs, ITT, etc which has resulted in a credited sale;
- Produced or substantially contributed to case studies, points of view or other knowledge materials.
Essential Personal Qualities:
- A strong teamwork ethic with a proven ability to work collaboratively;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills - both oral and written;
- Highly developed critical thinking, interpretative and analytical skills;
- A focus on results and a flexible, ‘can–do’ approach;
- A willingness to learn, grow and stretch into new roles and different industries
About Business & Technology Solutions:
Business & Technology Solutions (BTS) is a key team within Capgemini, specialising in navigating our clients through the complexities and interdependencies that characterise large-scale technology-enabled transformation programmes. BTS provides the capabilities that ensure our clients deploy their IT enabled ambitions and realise defensible benefits as a result. BTS supports its clients through:
- The right people: Consultants with in depth process and benefits management knowledge who combine that with excellent programme and client management skills to enable and accelerate the delivery of value from large-scale technology-enabled transformation programmes
- The right methods: A methodology that integrates all elements of the delivery of technology-enabled transformation into one holistic approach
- The right process: A series of tools and techniques that enable effective and efficient execution of a client’s technology-enabled transformation programme, thus securing both sustained change and the delivery of business benefits.
What Capgemini BTS stands for:
- We’re ambitious for our business, our clients and our people;
- We’re all about specialism and deep expertise: work with the best, be the best;
- Innovation is at the core of what we do. It’s in our approach, our methodologies and in our commitment to professional development;
- Through innovation, we want to make our mark on technology transformation – collectively and individually;
- We believe that the best teams are diverse, where different cultures, and varied personal and professional experience come together;
- We deliver IT-enabled business transformation and change around: Organisational Change Management, Process Consulting, IT Transformation, Architecture & Technical Leadership, Programme Leadership & Project Management Office (PMO)
About Capgemini and Application Services:
With more than 130,000 people in 44 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2012 global revenues of EUR 10.3 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Working collaboratively is what gives us the edge. You’ll be joining other professionals, sharing ideas and using common processes and methodologies, while working on innovative technology development for our clients on a whole range of diverse and challenging assignments. Our collaborative environment ensures that you and your team can make the most of your skills.
Great client relationships come with real client intimacy and truly understanding business needs. In order to achieve this you will generally be based on a client site, often working in joint teams with members from the UK, other Capgemini operations and our offshore staff in India. Travel requirements are largely UK-based, but can also include continental Europe of further afield, depending on the type of project.
At Capgemini we recognise the importance of training, and we offer extensive training opportunities covering technical skills as well as personal and leadership development. Our training solutions are tailored to cater for all our employees wherever they are, so if you are based on a client site we bring innovative training to you, using online learning and our mobile university.
What We Offer:
We will provide you with intense professional development and as much stretch as you need to put your skills into action, learn and progress. In particular you will have the opportunity for:
- Acceleration: The opportunity to accelerate your career through intellectual challenge, stretch and responsibility
- Collaboration: The opportunity to work as part of a high performing, supportive and friendly team that values close collaboration with clients
- Satisfaction: Swiftly add value and make a real difference to Capgemini and to our clients’ organisations
Work permit/visa status: In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof, prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK. You will need to secure the right to live and work in the UK independently.
Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice. We offer an excellent remuneration package to include flexible benefits and bonus dependent on the candidate's competency, skills and level of expertise.