Organisational Change Consultants
In any technology enabled transformation programme it is the people aspects of that change that is the most difficult to get right to ensure the value that our clients are looking for is always delivered. Business & Technology Solutions (BTS) consultants work with the client staff and technology consultants to manage and deliver the people change, providing advice and assistance so that the business benefit is delivered and inherent risk effectively mitigated.
The Organisational Change Consultants focus on building the client’s capability within our broader ‘Ready, Willing & Able’ organisational change model.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Working alongside clients to address the people aspects of package implementations (inc. SAP and Oracle) and bespoke IT developments, applying interventions appropriate to the development lifecycle;
- Take an active part in sales and pre-sales activity; presenting to clients and making significant written contributions to bids;
- Develop client relationships outside of the IT function at senior management level and influence at board level;
- Be seen as a subject matter expert across a broad range of organisational change elements;
- Make a significant contribution to development of method and expand the knowledge base within the practice
Essential skills, knowledge & experience:
We are looking for the highest calibre individuals who exhibit the following attributes, experience and skills that enable them to deliver rapid value to our clients:
- A strong academic and continuing professional development record, ideally including a relevant degree or management qualification;
- Experience of working within a true client facing consulting style environment;
- Proven experience and expertise in the application of the following organisational change elements in IT enabled change programmes:
- Stakeholder analysis and plan
- Communication strategy and plan (ideally including delivery)
- Involvement in education and training with experience of conducting training needs analysis
- Business analysis skills around business case production
- Contribution to methodology development (ideally led methodology development)
- Experience of IT package implementations including ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning systems) or large custom builds, ideally including social media.
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience:
- Change management skills around completion of impact assessments and business readiness;
- Exposure to the creation of training material development, delivery, assessment and on-line tools;
- Demonstration of organisational design skills associated with job role definition, evaluation and job role mapping;
- Experience of business transformation around operating model design, service needs analysis, profit/risk driver analysis and benefits realisation;
- Experience of coaching individuals/teams or managing project teams;
- Responsibility for the direct line management of staff;
- Involvement in sales and pre-sales related content around contributing to proposals, presenting and managing proposals.
Essential Personal Qualities:
- A strong teamwork ethic with a proven ability to work collaboratively;
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal capabilities – both written and verbal;
- Highly developed critical thinking, interpretative and analytical abilities;
- A strong eye for detail and keen focus on results, with a flexible ‘can do’ approach;
- A willingness to learn, grow and stretch into new roles and different industries.
About Business & Technology Solutions:
Business & Technology Solutions (BTS) is a key team within Capgemini, specialising in navigating our clients through the complexities and interdependencies that characterise large-scale technology-enabled transformation programmes. BTS provides the capabilities that ensure our clients deploy their IT enabled ambitions and realise defensible benefits as a result. BTS supports its clients through:
- The right people: Consultants with in depth process and benefits management knowledge who combine that with excellent programme and client management skills to enable and accelerate the delivery of value from large-scale technology-enabled transformation programmes
- The right methods: A methodology that integrates all elements of the delivery of technology-enabled transformation into one holistic approach
- The right process: A series of tools and techniques that enable effective and efficient execution of a client’s technology-enabled transformation programme, thus securing both sustained change and the delivery of business benefits.
What Capgemini BTS stands for:
- We’re ambitious for our business, our clients and our people;
- We’re all about specialism and deep expertise: work with the best, be the best;
- Innovation is at the core of what we do. It’s in our approach, our methodologies and in our commitment to professional development;
- Through innovation, we want to make our mark on technology transformation – collectively and individually;
- We believe that the best teams are diverse, where different cultures, and varied personal and professional experience come together;
- We deliver IT-enabled business transformation and change around: Organisational Change Management, Process Consulting, IT Transformation, Architecture & Technical Leadership, Programme Leadership & Project Management Office (PMO)
About Capgemini and Application Services:
With more than 130,000 people in 44 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2012 global revenues of EUR 10.3 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Working collaboratively is what gives us the edge. You’ll be joining other professionals, sharing ideas and using common processes and methodologies, while working on innovative technology development for our clients on a whole range of diverse and challenging assignments. Our collaborative environment ensures that you and your team can make the most of your skills.
Great client relationships come with real client intimacy and truly understanding business needs. In order to achieve this you will generally be based on a client site, often working in joint teams with members from the UK, other Capgemini operations and our offshore staff in India. Travel requirements are largely UK-based, but can also include continental Europe of further afield, depending on the type of project.
At Capgemini we recognise the importance of training, and we offer extensive training opportunities covering technical skills as well as personal and leadership development. Our training solutions are tailored to cater for all our employees wherever they are, so if you are based on a client site we bring innovative training to you, using online learning and our mobile university.
What We Offer:
We will provide you with intense professional development and as much stretch as you need to put your skills into action, learn and progress. In particular you will have the opportunity for:
- Acceleration: The opportunity to accelerate your career through intellectual challenge, stretch and responsibility
- Collaboration: The opportunity to work as part of a high performing, supportive and friendly team that values close collaboration with clients
- Satisfaction: Swiftly add value and make a real difference to Capgemini and to our clients’ organisations
Work permit/visa status: In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof, prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice. We offer an excellent remuneration package to include flexible benefits and bonus dependent on the candidate's competency, skills and level of expertise.