As an Eden McCallum analyst you will work closely with our teams of consultants in a variety of industry sectors obtaining a broad insight into the key strategic issues our clients face. In addition you will work closely with senior managers of Eden McCallum to support our business development efforts as we grow our business and increase our international footprint.
You will have the opportunity to stretch yourself and build your problem solving, analytical and communication skills in a fast-paced commercial environment. Our tailored training programme will equip you with a ‘toolkit’ that enables you to support our client project teams and add value from day 1. You will also have the opportunity to work with, and more importantly learn from, high-calibre successful independent consultants in solving real business issues.
You will work in project teams and key tasks will include:
- Researching and understanding key industry trends and market information
- Understanding the client context and key issues through data gathering or interviews with clients
- Interpreting and clearly presenting data, drawing out key messages and relevant insights
Our analyst programme aims to equip you with the following tools and techniques required to be a successful strategy consultant.
- Problem definition and problem solving approaches
- Analysis and business modelling skills
- Presentation skills and research techniques
- Managing stake-holder relationships
For each project you will be assigned a manager who will coach your output. In addition, you will have a mentor who will oversee your development and training needs throughout your career with us.
The programme begins with a structured three-week training and induction period comprising formal training and project shadowing. The initial training focuses on communication skills, problem solving and negotiating, among other core competences. Bi-weekly training sessions throughout the year cover topics such as excel modelling, financial accounting, presentation skills, strategic frameworks and market research. The programme aims for an even split between internal assignments and client-based projects, while you receive on-going mentorship and performance management.
While working as an analyst you will be based in central London and will be expected to travel as required for periods when working on client engagements.
Our analyst positions have a 2–3 year time horizon, after which we envisage there will be either career opportunities to continue developing as a consultant with Eden McCallum or opportunities outside Eden McCallum with our clients. In the latter case, we will support you in transitioning to your next career opportunity; recent leavers have had the opportunity to join banks, private equity firms and strategy departments within industry.
Ideal candidates for this programme:
- Are about to complete or have completed an undergraduate or master's degree (non MBA), and have no more than 2 years business experience
- Have a record of outstanding academic achievement
- Have a demonstrated interest in understanding how businesses work
- Are comfortable with collecting and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
- Have demonstrated leadership and enjoy working as part of a team
- Are confident, resourceful and independent