The Gap Partnership is an exceptional organisation specialising in Nothing but Negotiation. In 16 years we have grown from a start-up to a £20m business, with double digit year on year growth. We operate globally in over 50 countries from four regional hubs Western Europe Middle East & Africa (WEMEA), Germany & Eastern Europe (GEE), Asia Pacific (APAC) and The Americas, delivering consulting and development solutions in 12 languages.
The Gap Partnership is a global leader in its field with a diverse client base, predominantly from the FTSE 500 and international corporations, covering multiple industry sectors including FMCG, Professional Services, Banking & Financial Services, Insurance, Retail, Oil & Gas, Public Sector, Aviation, Transport, Government and many more.
We have two distinct core propositions, capability development; and Consulting & Advisory Services. Capability development equips clients to execute and plan for negotiations, understand the dynamics of a negotiation and to develop the skills, approach and methodology that will allow each team to execute a negotiation in the most appropriate way. At The Gap Partnership all our Consultants are practitioners.
Since inception the business has grown to more than 500 corporate clients, spanning all functions, including: Sales, Procurement, IT, HR, M&A, Operations etc.
Purpose of the Role
The HRBP will be a credible, challenging business partner who will work closely with the Regional Heads and their teams, to proactively drive the HR agenda. They will be responsible for developing and implementing the Regional HR strategy in agreement with the Regional Heads and Global HR Director. The role will encompass all end to end strategic and operational elements of HR and the successful candidate will be able to flex appropriately between the two.
A key enabler of our growth is recruitment and so a focus of the role will be to drive recruitment at all levels within the Regions. The role will be accountable for making recommendations for the Regions and local markets on strategic issues such as compensation, succession planning, capability development, people management, and organisational design.
This is a stand-alone role and so the HR Business Partner will also be responsible for ensuring all HR processes are legally compliant within their jurisdiction, as well as implementing Global HR changes. In the emerging markets, the role will also encompass the administrative day to day activities of the employee life cycle.
- Agree an appropriate local attraction strategy, which focuses on creating a sustainable pipeline of high quality candidates ensuring all roles are filled on time and to budget.
- Leading the assessment at second and final stage with the Regional Head and their teams to select successful on-brand candidates.
- Coach, train and develop highly competent assessors and interviews within the Regions to understand what good and on-brand looks like and ensure recruitment is owned by the business.
- Support line managers to ensure the candidate journey is on-brand throughout recruitment and on-boarding.
- Accountable for leading the annual Regional Talent review, working with the Regional Head to build the succession pipeline and number of ready now successors for identified critical roles through practical and commercial solutions, not fluffy HR initiatives.
- Support the Regional Head with commercial proactive initiatives which truly embed the Global competencies and drive a high performing culture.
- Lead the annual performance management process and cycle, ensuring objectives are aligned to Global standards, are stretching and there is equity across teams. Leading the calibration process at the end of year with the Regional Head and direct report team.
- Ensure the organisation design of the Region is scalable and future-proof.
- Lead the annual engagement survey in the Region, with the Regional head to drive response rates, to deliver results and create and implement effective action plans, which build our high performing culture and respond to critical feedback areas.
- Implement Global L&D initiatives focusing on building functional, sales and leadership expertise in the Region.
- Responsible for ensuring all individuals understand the career framework and accountability of self-development is encouraged.
- Coach the Regional Head, People managers and High Potential individuals to be the best that they can be.
- Implement the Global induction framework, through working with Gap Academy to ensure all Consultants have an effective induction and journey to triple gold and office based teams are as effective as quickly as possible.
- Responsible for proactively managing ER issues.
- Accountable for implementing Global reward strategy and managing relationships with local benefits providers.
- Accountable for managing the HR costs in Region, with the Regional Head to ensure the Region remains on budget and that information is accurately updated on a monthly basis.
- Accountable for payroll in each of the local markets.
- for the effective Regional implementation of Global information systems and for ensuring Regional data is always 100% accurate
- Accountable for ensuring all local markets are legally compliant with all aspects of HR.
- Graduate Calibre
- c8-10 years’ experience to be able to undertake a “stand alone” position
- A commercial HR Professional with a biased towards Talent, Recruitment and Reward
- Extensive recruitment experience of senior roles as well as office based roles
- Experience of working operationally in European Countries especially UK, Germany, France, Russia, The Netherlands
- Ability to manage the administrative duties as well as strategy
- Gravitas and commercial edge. This person will be seen as an equal to the consultants within the Region, and needs to be able to hold their own commercially.
- Able to assess and identify local HR needs and potential solutions to discuss with the Global HR Director and Regional Head
- Must be able to develop quickly strong working relationships, both internally & externally.
- Client service mentality with a focus on going the extra mile and adding value, and being the best in line with our core values
- SalesForce.com or other CRM system experience
- Languages (Preferable but not essential)
- Intellectually highly capable and versatile
- Articulates clearly and thinks logically
- Ambitious with potential to grow
- Commercially astute
- Ability to inspire
- Desire to become an integral force in a rapidly growing business
- High EQ
Everyone at The Gap Partnership believes in and lives the integrity that underpins our work and our client relationships: trust, accountability, sustainability and foresight and are all critical to the sustainability of our client relationships. We achieve this through:
- Being the best
- Being innovative
- Being One team
- Being Trusted
- Being purposeful and passionate