VP of Business Development - Oracle
Hitachi Consulting is seeking a Vice President of Business Development to support our rapid growth and expansion in to EMEA and across the globe. The EMEA operation has, in the last two years, tripled in size through organic growth and strategic acquisition; this rate of growth is set continue as we transform into a multi-billion dollar tier 1 global consulting firm. This growth, supported by the depth and reach of the wider Hitachi Group presents a unprecedented opportunity for highly motivated and ambitious individuals to play a significant part in this growth as leaders with the EMEA and Global businesses.
Hitachi Consulting is recognised as a leader in delivering proven business strategies and technology solutions. Hitachi Consulting EMEA (HC) offers the agility of a smaller firm, supported by the brand power innovation that comes from being part of the global Hitachi group.
With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, HC works with organisations to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement solutions that provide measurable value quickly through the inspired work of great people.
HC is currently investing in growing our existing Oracle consulting practice which provides a range of services from strategic assessments, optimisation proposals and roadmaps to traditional implementations and upgrades. These services are provided across three Centres of Excellence – Business Applications, Technology and BIPM.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for a proven VP level individual to join the Oracle Practice to establish a Business Development team, responsible for generating, qualifying and shaping new business opportunities to ensure the achievement of our strategic revenue objectives.
The VPBD will translate organisational visions and strategies into specific and measurable goals for the European Oracle practice.
Key to success in this role will be forging strong relationships with key alliance partners, particularly Oracle Corporation and Hitachi Data Systems. The VPBD will have ownership for the development and delivery of a joint plan for each partner in line with the EMEA Practice Plan.
The VPBD will establish effective communications with appropriate executives and managers within existing and target accounts, in conjunction with the sales team, to build an understanding of the business challenges and opportunities being faced. Having understood the client’s needs the VPBD will shape and deliver effective proposals, in conjunction with the Pursuit Team from the relevant Oracle Centre of Excellence.
For specific accounts the VPBD will act as Office in Charge (OIC) and have ultimate responsibility for all Hitachi Consulting activities within the account, including ensuring successful delivery and driving incremental revenue
Working with the Oracle Delivery personnel the VPBD will shape propositions and offerings which will underpin the client discussions and provide reusable components for subsequent proposals. Once created, the VPBD will work with the Marketing team to develop Go To Market plans aligned to the strategic objectives for the Oracle Practice.
- As part of a global organisation the VPBD will work in conjunction with counterparts in global geographies within Hitachi Consulting to share knowledge and leverage capabilities associated with Business Development activities. This extends beyond the Oracle Practice to work across the business to ensure that we sell and deliver the full range of our skills and capabilities (management consulting, technology solutions, product development).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
60% - In conjunction with Sales and Delivery team, develops new business from new customers and expands business with existing client relationships. Sees that sales strategies/plans are consistent with company's long-range strategic objectives.
- 20% - Builds a sales pipeline by developing, nurturing and maintaining internal and Oracle sales force relationships.
- 20% - Inputting into the formation of propositions, offerings and GTMs
The successful candidate will be working at VP level within a Professional Services firm focused on the Oracle market. As a VP at Hitachi Consulting you must be able to develop a shared vision, know when and how to put together teams to solve problems, select and grow the right employees for team and individual assignments and influence others at all levels of the organisation
Other key requirements include:
- Demonstrable experience and a successful track record of building and / or running a Business Development team or Oracle consulting practice
- Credibility at C level with the ability to influence and lead decision makers
- A proven track record of delivering multi £M Oracle implementations as the project lead
- Successful history of selling services closely aligned to those offered by Hitachi Consulting
- Evidence of delivering year on year growth and achievement of revenue targets including account strategy (development and execution)
- Active contacts throughout the consulting industry including at Oracle corporation
- Extensive experience with consultative solutions sales and identifying leading alliance relationships
- Broad business knowledge and an appreciation of the challenges facing multiple stakeholders
Whilst Hitachi Consulting is respectful of our employees work / life balance candidates should be fully prepared to travel throughout the UK and internationally if required.
Hitachi Consulting offers excellent benefits and career growth to all employees and is an equal opportunities employer.