Oracle Financials Consultant
About Hitachi Consulting
Hitachi Consulting is the global business and IT consulting company of Hitachi Ltd and is recognised as a leader in delivering proven business strategies and technology solutions. Hitachi Consulting UK offers the agility of a smaller firm, the stability of a larger firm and the innovation that comes from being part of the global Hitachi group.
With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, Hitachi Consulting UK works with organisations to understand their unique business needs and to develop and implement solutions that provide measurable value quickly through the inspired work of great people.
Hitachi Consulting’s Oracle Practice is central to our overall business and strategic to our growth objectives in both consulting and outsourcing. The Oracle Finance Competency within the Oracle Practice has more than 10 years’ experience delivering and supporting Oracle Finance applications.
As part of our commitment to develop and expand our Oracle Finance Competency, the opportunity exists for an Oracle E-business suite Core Financials Consultant with proven delivery experience including at least 3 end to end E-business suite implementation projects. The individual would join our Oracle Applications Practice and contribute to continued global business success and growth and benefit from the opportunity of significant personal development.
The individual has specialist knowledge of Core Financials (including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Fixed Assets) and experience in the design, build, testing and deployment of Oracle E-business Suite solutions. The Core Financials consultant will be responsible for specific deliverables and for supporting colleagues deliver large-scale, complex programs that marry processes with technology to help our clients achieve high performance. The consultant will use their skills in process design and configuration, Oracle Finance design, development, integration, testing and deployment to focus on architecting a solution using Oracle E-Business Suite to achieve a defined business outcome.
The consultant can expect to:
- Deliver high-quality solutions across multiple industries
- Work on a variety of projects ranging in both size and scope
- Receive continuous training
- Gain rapid career progression
The responsibilities include:
- Leading the finance team on Oracle implementation projects
- Documenting business requirements
- Performing application design activities (e.g., writing functional designs)
- Assisting in conducting gap analysis between business requirements and software
- Creating functional requirements as an input to application design
- Assisting with build, test, and deploy activities
- Performing testing work
- Facilitate client workshops
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with project team members and key client stakeholders
- Provide weekly status reports on progress and planned actions
- Escalate risks and issues on a timely basis with recommended actions
- Plan and deliver knowledge transfer to client staff
- Comply and enhance Hitachi’s best practice implementation approach and supporting tools
- Contribute to pre-sales work including bid responses and client presentations / demonstrations
- Prepare white papers internally and externally (e.g. UKOUG)
Required experience and Technical Skills:
- E-Business Suite (3+ years R11 / R12 experience)
- Excellent understanding of Core Financials in R12 including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management and Fixed Assets
- Excellent understanding of the full project life cycle for an E-Business Suite implementation.
- Degree required
Preferred experience and Technical Skills:
- Previous consulting (internal or external) or client service delivery experience
- Accountancy related qualification
- Experience of Consolidations, Eliminations and Revaluations
- Understanding of Transfer Pricing
- Experience of implementation of other Oracle financial modules
- Understanding of the Oracle Implementation methodologies including AIM
- Localisation experience in Europe
- Excellent client management and communication (written and oral) skills
- Experience with requirements analysis, testing and end user training
- Experience in estimating, planning and reporting on project delivery
- Good understanding of fusion applications
Personal Attributes we seek are:
- Strong team players who value the success of the team as highly as their own personal success
- People with a passion for delivering first class client services
- People who take pride in their work and their ability to add value to the client’s business
- People who do not mind getting their hands dirty helping others out
- People who are professional in their outlook, appearance and speech
- People who have achieved peer recognition in previous roles
- People who can work, communicate and facilitate effectively at all levels of an organisation
- People who wish to deliver true value add yet retain a pragmatic approach.
- People who enjoy working in a team and relish the challenge of helping a new dynamic business grow
- People able to work under pressure and deal with (sometimes) conflicting priorities
- People who are efficient and supportive managers that strive to maintain team productivity through motivation and positive influences.
Whilst Hitachi Consulting is respectful of our employees work / life balance candidates should be fully prepared to travel throughout the UK and internationally if required.
Hitachi Consulting offers all employees excellent benefits and career growth, and is an equal opportunity employer.