Service Delivery Manager
An opportunity exists for a proven Service Manager to join the Managed Services Practice of Hitachi Consulting (HCUK). The Managed Services practice provides both reactive and proactive support services covering Oracle Applications, bespoke development and business intelligence applications. Services offered include functional, technical, DBA and infrastructure remote and on-site support for large enterprise scale solutions. Data centre hosting facilities can be provided for situations where the client wishes Hitachi Consulting to provide a full technology solution.
Successful candidates will recognise the need for pragmatic application of their service management expertise, with the ability to problem solve allied to an ability to express their opinions to decision makers, forming the core of their skill set.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Managing the delivery of Hitachi Consulting services into a portfolio of clients
- Striking a balance between operational and commercial client-facing skills
- Instilling trust & confidence with the client, whilst ensuring that Hitachi Consulting commercial objectives are achieved
- Working with HCUK colleagues and client to negotiate and put in place SLA’s
- Involvement in pre-sales, delivering presentations and assisting with the development of new propositions
We hire professionals, passionate about the benefits technology can bring to business. Although it is likely that the majority of people who meet our criteria will come from a large-scale consulting or systems integration backgrounds, we are enthusiastic to help individuals with relevant skills who want to take on the challenges of a consulting role for the first time.
A Service Manager will typically have:
- A successful track record, working as a Service Manager within a Managed Services provider organisation.
- A demonstrable ability to construct and maintain a robust, scalable and successful service.
- Some exposure to Oracle or Microsoft ERP and custom developed applications (and supporting infrastructure)
- Project Management experience (a key additional requirement for the role)
- Led small project teams, and partaken in pre-sales
- An understanding of documentation standards, basic accounting and excellent presentation skills
- A logical approach to problem solving and the structured introduction of change into operational systems
- A willingness to work unsociable hours as demanded by the role.
- ITIL certification (preferably to Practitioner level)
- Recognised industry certification or be on a path towards it
Whilst Hitachi Consulting is respectful of our employees work / life balance candidates should be prepared to undertake some travel to client sites throughout the UK and internationally if required.
This role will be based from our London office.
Hitachi Consulting is the global business and IT consulting company of Hitachi Ltd and is recognised as a leader in delivering proven business strategies and technology solutions. Hitachi Consulting UK (HCUK) offers the agility of a smaller firm, the stability of a larger firm and the innovation that comes from being part of the global Hitachi group.
With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, Hitach Consulting UK works with organisations to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement solutions that provide ongoing and measurable value quickly through the inspired work of great people.