Oracle SCM Senior Manager
Hitachi Consulting is the global business and IT consulting company of Hitachi Ltd and is recognised as a leader in delivering proven business strategies and technology solutions. Hitachi Consulting UK (HCUK) offers the agility of a smaller firm, the stability of a larger firm and the innovation that comes from being part of the global Hitachi group.
With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, Hitach Consulting UK works with organisations to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement solutions that provide measurable value quickly through the inspired work of great people.
An opportunity exists for a highly experienced Oracle Supply Chain and Manufacturing Consultant to lead the delivery of Oracle implementation projects across EMEA and to play an important role in the continuous development of our Oracle Business Solutions Practice. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in the implementation of Oracle Applications.
- Recognized internally and externally as one of a small number of experts in their respective technical and/or functional area of expertise in the country (guru)
- Provides deep technical/functional expertise to senior level clients (C-level down) either as a trusted advisor or as part of a large projects
- Provides deep technical/functional expertise, mentoring and coaching to team members
- Architects solutions and systems in line with best practices and reviews and QA’s designs and architectures developed by clients and/or team members
- Formally presents to client and internal audience and at external speaking events including seminars, user groups and at universities on technical/functional expertise areas
- Actively and prolifically creates knowledge capital that can be leveraged to accelerate project delivery, improve quality and to secure new engagements
- Initiates and leads internal initiatives that will share knowledge, develop our people, produce knowledge capital and generate business and growth
- Works as a technical/functional leader within consulting and is seen as the go to person within the company for their specific area of expertise
- Regularly contributes articles, white papers, thought leadership pieces to internal and external publications, conferences and seminars
A HCUK Senior Manager has responsibility to provide the highest-level subject matter expertise (SME) to internal and external clients, complete complex technical and functional tasks. He/she also provides leadership to others within the practice or on a project, especially in regard to the disciplines in which he or she has expertise.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Sets technical/functional goals and objectives for the multiple and/or complex projects
- Manages the technical/functional phase of a project when appropriate
- Anticipates and responds to changes in client expectations; monitors and uses client feedback
- Assist in new opportunity management activities as an SME, owns proposalsParticipates in scoping, estimating and risk management efforts
- Participate in client discussions to understand customer needs, and articulate same to internal stakeholders. Define and document business case to get customer agreement, bring in best practices of industry and provide options
- Develop proposal, give inputs based on secondary research, give inputs on solution design based on areas of expertise
- Conduct product demonstration, proof of technology workshops
- Conduct Requirement workshops, identify high level system and process changes
- Internal initiatives/activities
- Actively participates in practice development activities including prospecting and proposals
- Identifies cost/benefit implications of proposed solutions (e.g. people, processes, technology, strategy, finance)
- Continually grows expertise and knowledge in areas of specialization
- Develops new analytical approaches and frameworks
- Participates in the research and identification of potential new alliances
- Proactively pursues speaking engagements, article publications, presentations, etc.
- Actively participates and may lead internal initiatives
- Actively involved as a Career Advisor
- Actively participates in recruiting process
- Established recognition/reputation in external technology/solution circles
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business discipline, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or some related discipline required
- Advance degree such as a MBA or MIS is a plus
- Significant experience in a functional or technical area that supports a solution or industry offering
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in a role emphasizing consulting, designing, implementing and guiding projects in consulting engagements with the Oracle Applications
- Good understanding of Fusion SCM Applications
- Significant and demonstrable experience with Oracle SCM with at least two R12 upgrade / implementation project experience, solution design, user training and multi-country deployment
- Knowledge of Oracle Process manufacturing (OPM) environment
- Knowledge of Oracle Fusion Middleware /Distributed order orchestration (DOO) or any other Order Management solution (in addition to Oracle OM)
- Knowledge of presales/sales support will be great advantage
- Ability to facilitate meetings and working sessions with client and internal personnel on complex and possibly divisive or controversial subjects and topics
- Ability to communicate complex technical/functional information, scenarios or specifications to multiple internal and external business and technical audiences in a way that suits the audience being addressed
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects at different clients concurrently
Whilst Hitachi Consulting is respectful of our employees work / life balance candidates should be fully prepared to travel throughout the UK and internationally if required.