Project Manager - Custom Development - Microsoft
An opportunity exists for a Project Manager to join our Microsoft Consulting Practice with a specific focus on Custom Development (mostly .NET) and Microsoft SharePoint.
The Microsoft Consulting team focuses on implementing technology solutions to address real business problems. You will be joining a fast growing practice with an opportunity to take a leading role in the delivery of some our key accounts working with a talented team of practitioners, associates and third parties across multi-discipline, multi-engagement model projects.
We are looking for experienced and accredited (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP) Project Managers with previous experience of having worked for an IT Consultancy.
Candidates should have significant experience of delivering Projects within a consulting environment and will have delivered a number of enterprise scale engagements as part of their overall Project Management experience. Successful candidates may also have experience of having worked in some type of technical delivery role prior to moving into a dedicated Project Management role.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of successful delivery, managed budgets of at least £500K, teams of at least 5 people including offshore resources and will have a hands-on approach to delivery.
They shall also have excellent interpersonal and management skills, be a clear, logical thinker with the natural ability to communicate and develop relationships with others at all levels and have a proven ability to manage, deliver and meet commercial targets.
Other skills that we are looking for include:
- Shrewd budget management combined with strong client management with a track record of maximising revenue and generating new opportunities
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure
- Planning and monitoring the work of large teams
- Effective use and management of resource including work appraisals and coaching
- An analytical approach
- Strong business and systems design background
- Detailed project planning and tracking
- The ability to allocate and control the utilisation of resources in an efficient manner
- Organising and monitoring of the day to day performance of all work undertaken by team members
- Keeping clients fully aware of project progress and issues
- Delivering projects to planned timescales and to the defined quality, including managing project risk and change
- Work closely with Practice Management to effectively resource and deliver the project
- Exposure to Agile methods (such as Scrum) would be a bonus, particularly experience of having delivered in a commercial environment
We hire professionals, passionate about the benefits technology can bring to business. It is likely that the majority of people who meet our criteria will come from a large-scale consulting or systems integration backgrounds.
Personal Attributes that Hitachi Consulting look for when recruiting:
- Strong team players who value the success of the team as highly as their own personal success
- People who are professional in their outlook
- People who can work, communicate and facilitate effectively at all levels of an organisation
- People who wish to deliver true value add yet retain a pragmatic approach
- People with the ability to recognise business opportunities, act on them and achieve results
- People who enjoy working in a team and relish the challenge of helping a dynamic business grow
Whilst Hitachi Consulting is respectful of our employees work / life balance candidates should be fully prepared to travel throughout the UK and internationally if required.
Hitachi Consulting is the global business and IT consulting company of Hitachi Ltd and is recognised as a leader in delivering proven business strategies and technology solutions. Hitachi Consulting UK offers the agility of a smaller firm, the stability of a larger firm and the innovation that comes from being part of the global Hitachi group.
With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, Hitachi Consulting UK works with organisations to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement solutions that provide measurable value quickly through the inspired work of great people.