Microsoft Business Intelligence - Technical Architect
An opportunity exists for a proven Microsoft Business Intelligence Architect to join the Information Management (IM) Practice of Hitachi Consulting (HCUK). The IM practice implements solutions using the latest enterprise BI and Data Warehousing technologies from Microsoft and Oracle. An opportunity has arisen for an individual with expertise across the Microsoft BI stack to work alongside some of the most experienced Business Intelligence experts as well as industry experts in order to deliver innovative and powerful MS BI solutions to our clients.
Successful candidates will recognise that the core of their skill set is formed through the pragmatic application of their technical expertise, allied to an ability to express their opinions to decision makers and problem solve.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- To architect, develop and deliver end-to-end MS BI solutions on customer data either as part of an overall team or working under your own supervision
- To apply logical common sense pragmatism in order to understand and address Business requirements with appropriate technology choices
- To be able to present complex technical concepts and ideas in a business forum appropriately
- To assist the sales team on pre-sales opportunities
- Taking accountability and responsibility for delivering consistently professional grade work to targets and on budget with a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrable good presentation skills and a willingness to be active in the surrounding MS BI ecosystem (e.g. white paper generation / user groups / networking / speaking / blogging etc)
- Taking an active role in the technical development of team members as well as knowledge sharing across the team.
We hire professionals, passionate about the benefits technology can bring to business. It is likely that the majority of people who meet our criteria will come from large-scale consulting, systems integration environments or be working within a business delivering business intelligence to its end users.
Microsoft BI Architects typically have:
- Extensive BI and consulting experience including customer facing engagements
- In depth knowledge of BI, concepts and methods especially Kimball design techniques
- Expert level ETL, MSSQL, MSOLAP, RDBMS , Performance Point Skills
- Ability to demonstrate Microsoft technologies confidently and articulate the strengths of the technology and shape these messages around specific business challenges
- Proven technical skills as an architect and ability to deliver client facing enterprise ready BI solutions.
- Knowledge of other BI tools and technologies an advantage.
Whilst Hitachi Consulting is respectful of our employees work / life balance candidates should be fully prepared to travel throughout the UK and internationally if required.
Hitachi Consulting is the global business and IT consulting company of Hitachi Ltd and is recognised as a leader in delivering proven business strategies and technology solutions. HCUK offers the agility of a smaller firm, the stability of a larger firm and the innovation that comes from being part of the global Hitachi group.
With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, Hitach Consulting UK works with organisations to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement solutions that provide measurable value quickly through the inspired work of great people.