Senior contaminated land consultant
The Mott MacDonald Group is a dynamic and innovative management, engineering and development consultancy working with high profile clients and on landmark projects world-wide. We are a wholly independent, employee-owned company with over 14,000 staff world-wide, and pride ourselves on delivering technical excellence to all our clients.
Our Glasgow office, of around 300 staff is looking to recruit an experienced senior contaminated land specialist to join to help support the Scottish and Northern Ireland region. You will be joining an experience ground engineering team (of over 20 staff) in the office, that have successfully delivered projects in a range of sectors: power (including Windfarm projects across Scotland and the UK) health and education (including £25 million high school project in North Lankakshire), commercial and industrial buildings and general infrastructure.
The team have successfully won many new projects, and seeking a new contaminated land member to join the team, to further develop the business, and deliver a portfolio of projects.
The selected candidate will be required to undertake and oversee contaminated land projects both here in the UK and as necessary overseas.
Projects will cover a variety of areas including site investigation and remediation for major infrastructure and development projects, due diligence assessment for financial institutions and the provision of advice.
You will be part of the ground engineering team in Glasgow and expected to become an integral member of this team
In addition the person appointed will be expected to be involved in and undertake business development activities as well as supporting work generated by other divisions within the Mott MacDonald group requiring a contaminated land input.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of contaminated land desk studies, site investigations, risk assessments (both qualitative and quantitative), methodologies and remediation projects
- Identification of business development opportunities
- Developing and maintaining technical standards across the Mott MacDonald group
- Project finance, programme and management
- Internal quality assurance of projects using company IES system
- Preparation and review of technical inputs to other specialisms
- Report and bid preparation
- Mentoring and training of graduates
The ideal candidate will be ambitious and highly motivated with proven post graduate experience in conducting and managing a range of land quality projects covering a variety of areas.
- You will be a chartered contaminated land specialist with management experience and ideally a background within a consulting engineering practice.
- You will have a good understanding of current UK environmental legislation and specifically Scottish Legislation of land contamination assessment, remediation and waste management.
- Ideally, you will have exposure to UK and international projects.
- You will be able to demonstrate successful experience of business development.
- You will have experience in working within multi-disciplinary design teams.
- You will be self motivated with strong interpersonal skills, good communication skills, and excellent organisational skills
- You will have excellent technical and managerial skills and have a sound commercial background.
- You will have proven team skills together with enthusiasm and a positive "can do attitude" this is essential for this role.
- You will have had exposure to project management, capable of motivating and developing a team of staff with varying degrees of experience and abilities.
- You will have the ability to mentor and develop support staff.
- You will be computer literate and familiar with the latest design software packages.
- You will be required to demonstrate a clear report writing style
- Most importantly you will have an appropriate bachelors degree and/or masters degree and will be a chartered environmentalist or have chartered membership to another appropriate professional body.