In-House Consultant - Technical Specialist
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM), a North American firm, provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. HMM, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
As a result of our successful project awards, our Pipelines group is rapidly expanding. Therefore, HMM is seeking qualified staff to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Provide senior level technical expertise for project duties on large scale pipeline projects, including the following:
- Direct preliminary survey crews.
- Coordinate with right-of-way representatives to assess easement requirements and develop alternates for consideration.
- Consult with management on a regular basis to share information and client expectations for resource planning and scheduling.
- Work to develop material requirements and follow through to provide QA/QC input during design and construction activities.
- Provide information necessary for permitting with regulatory authorities.
- Provide QA/QC oversight for the development of project drawings, both preliminary and as-built.
- Communicate effectively with project management and provide results regarding project issues and solutions during project scoping, development, and im
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the coordination of pipeline and facility project execution of field project efforts from preliminary thru as-built construction management.
- Experience leading team field activities, including: survey, right-of-way, permitting, routing, planning, scheduling, estimating, reporting, project completion, and contractor coordination.
- Experience assisting, maintaining, and managing inspection staff during installation of natural gas pipelines and facilities.
- Experience coordinating and managing permitting activities and FERC regulated project development and execution.
- Experience with direct interaction with clients, including project development.
- Strong coordination, QA/QC, organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work in t