Project Manager / Technical Consultant - Toronto
Mott MacDonald is a leading, employee-owned global management, engineering and development consultancy with and more than 14,000 staff working in 140 countries for both the public and private sectors. Mott MacDonald’s core business sectors cover buildings, transport, energy, water, environment, health, education, industry, oil and gas, communications and international development. The company has won many commercial and industry awards, including being named ‘International Consultancy of the year’ (NCE/ACE) and placed 22nd in the UK’s Sunday Times ‘25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ survey in 2012.
This role is based within the Infrastructure Finance and Investment division of our Management, Consultancy and Development Unit, who provide investment related commercial and technical advice to lenders, investors and private equity institutions both in the UK and internationally.
As a result of our continuing success and increasing workload we are looking for a Project Manager to support Mott MacDonald Canada Ltd in providing P3 Advisory Services to the North American P3 market place based in Toronto.
The Project Manager will act within multiple projects within the P3 sector. The responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to:
- Working within the private finance / P3 market supporting clients on technical aspects of project delivery;
- Taking lead role on projects, acting as direct interface with Client and wider project team;
- Managing budgets and Mott MacDonald inputs (along with any sub-consultants) on a regular basis and internally reporting on progress;
- Drafting technical reports and project audits;
- Input into the preparation of proposals;
- Providing support to other disciplines and offices, as required;
- Support to business initiatives and projects within Mott MacDonald Canada; and,
- Any other assigned functions.
We are looking to recruit a candidate to be the project manager for multiple roles in the P3 market, including Lenders' Technical Adviser Commissions (both pre and post Financial Close), Independent Certifier Commissions, Facilities Management Advisory Commissions, etc.
The idea candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- 5 to 15 years of experience within the buildings environment and infrastructure projects;
- Graduate from a recognized post-secondary educational institution;
- Familiar and generally proficient with project management process;
- A good understanding of the P3/AFP models and experience in delivery of schemes in this market;
- Familiar with construction role and sites in multiple sectors (buildings, rail, transport, etc.)
- Good written and oral communication skills; and,
- Positive attitude, team player.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career within a multi sector multi-disciplinary consultancy