Senior air quality consultant - London
We are a £1.1 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 170 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
The Senior air quality consultant is primarily responsible for carrying out dispersion modelling and delivering air quality assessment reports.
Projects also include undertaking due diligence work and contributing to international Environmental and Social Impact Assessments.
The air quality team supports Mott MacDonald's major global infrastructure projects worldwide, particularly for large power and transportation schemes.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects including those outside of the UK.
The role would be based primarily in Brighton, though consideration would be given to part time working in one of our London offices
- Extensive experience of using the dispersion model ADMS-Roads
- In depth knowledge of UK legislation and policy influencing air quality assessment and latest guidance/modelling methods
- Extensive experience in modelling transport related emissions as part of air quality assessments for planning applications & EIA
- Good experience of assessing commercial and residential developments
- Degree qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Excellent communication skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good knowledge of ambient monitoring methods
Desirable:- Experience of working with geographic information system (GIS)- Understanding of linked environmental topics like odour, noise, ecology, landscape and visual- Experience of International projects- Business development skills- Experience of mentoring junior staff- Experience of environmental permit applications including BAT assessments- Experience of WebTAG assessments- Experience of assessing mixed use, power, minerals and industrial developments