Managing Consultant - Uganda
Mott MacDonald is a £1.1 billion Global Engineering and Management consultancy Mott MacDonald and leading BEE start-up Engineering practice PDNA have combined operations in Southern Africa to create a new infrastructure engineering and management consultancy for the entire Sub-Saharan region and beyond.
Our Tellecommunication division (TNC) is currently looking for a strong Chief Technology Officer to be based at a Client's Site office.
- The Successful CTO will have the following;
- Responsible for the management of all network, operational and corporate systems (BSS, OSS, CRM, TT, etc.) and associated l IT infrastructure
- Coordinate with Johannesburg Broadband Network CEO and the broader senior leadership team to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Manage relationships with Johannesburg Broadband Network executive team and City of Johannesburg top management regarding timely investments in appropriate new technology.
- Responsible for strategy, planning and the management of all network systems (BSS, OSS, CRM, TT, etc.) and all associated IT infrastructure
- Technical risk management plan development and implementation
- Responsible for the development of technical process and procedures
- Assess the network management models in order to identify best suited operating model and recommend activities for outsourcing
- Contribute to outsourcing and operating partner selection process as applicable
- Ensure that necessary measures are planned for and followed
- to ensure that the measured performance meets Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Collect data and produce monthly reports to support network performance measurements
- Plan, acquire, implement and enforce security policy (logical and physical)
- CTO will have the following qualifications and experience;
- University degree in the field of computer science. Master’s degree in either of computer science or Master of Business Administration with technology as a core component preferred.
- Other qualifications sought include Project Management Professional (PMP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- 15-20 years’ experience managing and/or directing an IT operation