Consultant - Paris
We are a 1.6 billion euros management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
The MM Group office in France and this role offers the opportunity to join an award winning high performing team with an unparalleled portfolio of PPP projects offering diversity both by sector and location.
We are currently expanding our market share in Western Europe and as a consequence we have significant expansion plans to internationalise our resource base and with this comes opportunity to expand both technical and management skills.As part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary and award-winning team, the Consultant fulfilling this role will report directly to the monitoring team leader but will be expected to fulfil a variety of specific remits on a number of projects, working either autonomously or within a project team as needed.The majority of the projects will be based in Western Europe.Typical activities include:
- Defining, planning and executing regular and ad hoc assessments of project progress against defined milestones
- Authorising the drawdown of funds against milestone payment schedules
- Certifying completion against defined completion criteria
- Reviewing construction activities to assess their effectiveness in delivering the project requirements
- Reviewing project management process effectiveness
- Liaising extensively with external project stakeholders at all levels
- Advising funders regarding the potential impact and significance of project issues
- Preparing regular and ad hoc reports confirming project status
- Providing advice and support to other team members and to related teams
- Ensure the company’s financial and quality standards are adhered to and embedded into everything we do.
- Work flexibility both by location and within project timescales.
- Candidate Specification Essential academic, professional qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualified
- Engineer or Technical degree
- Minimum of 2 years experience of; Construction sites; Construction Project Management; Facilities Management
Desired academic, professional qualifications and Experience:
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- Demonstrable understanding of capital projects and related key issues.
- Analytical and problem solving
- Commercial Awareness
- Good communication and presentation skills Desired Competency
- Fluent in French and ideally English
- Project Management skills; Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Excellent written skills in French and English.