Treasury - Manager
PwC is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our Consulting practice is focused on working in partnership with our clients to deliver real business transformation and making change stick.
Finance Consulting is one of our key competency areas providing finance advisory and change support to industry leading clients across a range of topics including Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), Operational Finance, Product Control and Treasury.
PwC is a global leader in the corporate treasury consulting market. Our treasury consultants provide a full range of treasury operating framework, organisation, banking and cash management, risk management, systems, technology and reporting services to the world's leading multinational corporations and financial services organisations. The team is co-ordinated on a worldwide basis to deliver appropriate solutions to clients to meet the needs of ever changing financial, business and regulatory environments, often working in close collaboration with other finance professionals.
We are currently seeking talented individuals at Consultant grade with experience and knowledge in treasury and cash management processes in order to help us to meet our rapidly increasing client requirements. You will be part of a highly skilled, specialist Treasury Consulting team alongside our wider group of finance or operational change professionals in transformational change projects. At the same time, you will be encouraged to initiate and develop new ideas. Our highly motivated team has an excellent track record of delivering high quality work to a broad range of clients and has ambitious growth plans for the next few years.
Have you seen our Treasury Blog? http://pwc.blogs.com/finance_and_treasury/
About the role
You will join us in delivering treasury and cash change and improvement projects, whilst providing input into our continuing development of thought leadership and our market position. Our view of treasury and cash covers not only what takes place in the Treasury function but also those cash activities – forecasting, cash management, payments, bank connectivity, reconciliation – that may take place in a finance function or Shared Service Centre. The role will involve exposure to, and some experience of treasury and cash process, policy, governance, reporting and systems to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed for and delivered to clients. It is probable that your work will be part of wider finance and organisational change projects and hence exposure to other related operational finance processes is likely.
We have high growth targets and part of the strategy for this growth is to bring in experienced hires at Consultant grade.
Successful applications to these positions can expect as standard:
- A challenging working environment;
- Opportunities for personal and career progression;
- The chance to work with a team of dynamic, like minded people;
- Access to high profile individuals and organisations;
- A competitive salary and flexible benefits scheme that allows you to structure a package to suit your circumstances.
This role will be mainly client-based, developing teams and leading / supporting transformational work and change engagements as well as some business development responsibilities.
- Delivering treasury and cash projects in all aspects of the treasury and cash framework such as process, policy, governance, reporting and systems to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed for clients.
- Delivering treasury aspects of larger Finance Transformation change or organisational change projects as a senior PwC member of mixed PwC / client teams
- Contributing to our market propositions and continued thought leadership to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed for clients
As a Consultant your direct reporting line will be to a Senior Consultant or Director. You will work as a member of our team and be expected to lead workstreams or smaller engagements (team sizes will vary depending on client/project) and be proactive in supporting the development of our internal and external capabilities.
- Opportunity for working from home? (Yes – on occasion)
- Amount of time client based (80%)
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes - regularly)
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes – within reason)
- Amount of time PwC office based (20%)
The following skills are required for this role:
- Qualified or almost qualified AMCT or another treasury / accounting relevant qualification
- Working experience in a treasury/ banking and cash environment within a non bank/corporate or a treasury consulting environment. The wider the role the better. We are not looking for dealers or bankers.
- Key skills areas – treasury and cash systems, cash processes, banking and cash management including cash forecasting, treasury reporting, commodity and FX risk management.
- An awareness of treasury / cash / payment technology options available on the market and how these are applied to deliver improvements for non banks;
- Treasury front, middle and back office awareness and the awareness of how treasury and cash activities fit into a business environment
- A good understanding of key treasury/ cash financial and control processes and treasury/cash governance
- Excellent time management skills.
- Confident approach,
- Self motivated
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Flexibility in working in different environments.
- Initiative, motivation, intellectual curiosity and sound professional judgement
- Ideally you will be educated to degree level;
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent) with post qualification experience in a finance function, audit or consultancy would be an advantage
- Consulting experience, preferably from a leading consultancy, multinational corporate environment or financial services environment would be preferred, but not essential;
- Good understanding and/or experience in projects to deliver change in the treasury or finance function would be a distinct advantage;
- Experience of working within a project environment as part of a team would be advantageous;
- The ability to motivate individuals around them;
- Be comfortable and confident in client situations
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business.
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.