Manager Profitability & Cost Management
Profitability & Cost Management - Manager
PwC is one of the world’s leading professional services firm. Our Consulting practice is focussed on working in partnership with clients to deliver real business transformation and making change stick.
Finance is one of our key competency areas providing finance advisory and change support to industry leading clients across a range of topics including Performance Management (PM), Shared Services, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) advisory and Corporate Treasury (CT).
Under the topic of PM, PwC is at the forefront of helping clients establish performance reporting solutions that create business value by generating greater insight, control and efficiency. We work with clients to interpret requirements, design practical solutions and deliver programmes to implement the required changes.
Due to increasing growth we are seeking a Manager (Consultant) for our SAP Profitability & Cost Management (PCM) team.
The role will be based out of our More London (London Bridge) Offices, but you will be expected to travel as required.
About the role
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a leading PCM practice and help develop yours and our capability, enhance our reputation in the marketplace and grow our team.
Our PCM solutions enables business decisions that improve corporate performance by providing factual answers to questions such as:
- Which customer segments/product lines are most/least profitable and therefore worth investing/divesting?
- Which channels to market give best return on investment?
- What is the cost to serve a customer and how can we reduce it?
- Which advertising and promotions generate the best revenue stream?
- How can we build a flexible business plan and do “what-if” analyses?
- How do we prove the business value received from our IT investment?
As a Manager (Consultant) your direct reporting line will be to a Senior Manager. This role will be mainly client-based, supporting the delivery of PCM solutions throughout the Project Life Cycle.
Key responsibilities include:
- A significant contributor to the delivery of large PCM solutions throughout the Project Life Cycle
- The opportunity to lead smaller PCM project engagements
- Analysing client requirements
- Designing and building costing, planning, and forecasting solutions
- Creating and executing test plans
- Delivering solution design documents, calculation methodologies, solution maintenance and process guides
- Supporting the solution architect and PCM lead roles
- Integrating PCM with data and reporting tools
- Building relationships with our key clients
- Developing yourself and other team members
- Opportunity for working from home? (Yes - on occasion)
- Amount of time client based (80%)
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes - regularly)
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes - some)
- Amount of time PwC office based (20%)
Joining our team as a Manager (Consultant) you will have experience of large PM projects preferably within a major blue chip or consulting environment.
Essential skills needed for the role:
- Relevant finance, accounting, business or computer science qualification, such as, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, MSc or MBA
- Good understanding of Activity Based Costing & other costing methodologies
- Experience of designing, building and implementing PCM systems; preferably using SAP software
- A passion for financial performance management
- An analytical and enquiring mind with good problem solving ability
- Demonstrate the ability to advise senior management on alternative solutions and risks
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Experience of managing others
- A flexible and team focused working style within a multi-functional team
Desirable skills sought for the role:
- External consulting experience
- Project management experience and/or qualification
- Knowledge of performance management aspects across business operations (e.g. product development, procurement, risk, treasury, sales, marketing or customer service)
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques
- Experience of mentoring and coaching
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
Additional Website Text
Diversity We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business. www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.