Senior Manager Oracle HFM
Oracle HFM - Senior Manager
PwC is one of the world’s leading professional services firm. Our Consulting practice is focussed on working in partnership with clients to deliver real business transformation and making change stick.
Business complexity, a rapidly changing economic environment and increasing regulatory demands have combined to create the perfect Enterprise Performance Management storm. The need for Performance Management has never been greater and technology has never been more able to meet these needs than it is now. As a result we have an exciting new opportunity for a talented Senior Hyperion Financial Management expert to join our leading Enterprise Performance Management team based in London
About the role
PwC offers full EPM lifecycle capabilities including the ability to transform the way our clients design and implement EPM systems in the MI/Reporting/Planning space. Our services range from the definition and alignment of performance metrics to the strategy of the business, integrating the business planning process, measuring performance against those plans, understanding and predicting outcomes through analytics and modelling. We have a portfolio of exciting and challenging projects.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join the UK’s leading Performance Management practice and help develop yours and our capability, enhance our eminence in the marketplace and grow our team.
You will work with CFO’s and Group Financial Controllers across all market sectors from large national to multinational organisations to address their EPM needs. This will enable you to:
- Broaden your business and technical expertise on a wide range of engagements whilst also focussing on integrated business planning and management reporting based on the implementation of Oracle’s Hyperion Planning and Essbase.
- Develop your career in Consulting within the thriving area of finance and performance management at a Big 4 consulting firm.
- Be curious and learn from the best with our rapid skills acquisition programme
- Benefit from working closely with our experts and leaders in this field on exciting and challenging projects as part of cross-functional teams.
- Be entrepreneurial - you will be encouraged to initiate and develop new ideas to enhance our capability to deliver integrated performance management solutions. Sharing, collaborating and innovating are core competencies for us.
Opportunity for working from home? (Yes - On occasion)
Amount of time client based (80%)
Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes - regularly)
Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes - within reason)
Amount of time PwC office based (20%)
As a top talent candidate you will be comfortable consulting with our client’s business and IT functions and you can engage easily at all levels, from CFO and CIO to business analyst. You can operate across the full life-cycle of an EPM project, from assessment and design to implementation of system to embedding and operating within the business. Specifically, you will have
- supported decision making at a senior level (GFC / CFO level)
- demonstrated a track record of leading successful teams through the full implementation lifecycle (2+ implementations) and can articulate overcoming various challenges in one or more of the following areas: Financial Consolidation or Management reporting;
- considerable experience of leading large change projects, implementations and performance management programmes, preferably within a major blue chip or consulting environment.
- demonstrated ability to advise senior management on alternative solutions and risks with experience of presenting and influencing at a senior level;
- deep expertise in Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and leading practice in a complex multinational environment
- the ability to articulate leading practice in relation to the implementation of finance processes within the above mentioned EPM system
- knowledge of the broader landscape of EPM systems and other supporting software and how they integrate together to provide integrated reporting or planning environments.
the desire to contribute to our continual thought leadership as well as team enhancement and growth strategy
- the desire and capability to provide business and technical mentorship to members of a project team;
a confident approach, self motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written);
- a flexible and team focused working style within a multi-functional team;
- Education to Degree level as a minimum;
- Preference will be given to candidates with well demonstrated external consulting experience;
- Experience of working in an international environment is highly desirable but not essential.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business. www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.