Senior Manager Financial Planning & AnalysisSenior Manager
Financial Planning & Analysis - Senior Manager
We are seeking to recruit experienced finance professionals at Senior Consultant (Senior Manager) grade, preferably with consulting / big 4 experience or who have undertaken major financial change projects, especially with relevant Integrated Business Planning (IBP) or Financial Planning & Analysis experience. You must be able to lead the delivery of a major workstream within a larger change programme, made up of a mix of PwC and client staff, and will bring a structured team-based approach, significant finance reporting / accounting process and systems knowledge, and a passion for challenging the status quo.
PwC is one of the world’s leading professional services firm. Our Consulting practice is focussed on working in partnership with clients to deliver real business transformation and making change stick.
Finance is one of our key competency areas providing finance advisory and change support to industry leading clients across a range of topics including Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), Shared Services, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) advisory and Corporate Treasury (CT).
Our finance competency consulting team, is focused on assessing the finance operating model implications, deploying process improvement methodologies (such as Lean) to accelerate reporting processes and working with our technology competency to define, configure and implement leading reporting tools, such as Oracle Hyperion, SAP EPM, etc.
PwC in the UK is at the forefront of delivering IBP solutions to our clients. This helps them achieve planning efficiencies, improve performance and better satisfy the investors’ expectations, in an increasing complex and volatile market. At the heart of IBP is the opportunity to link operation planning to the financial planning process, move toward a more driver based approach (rather than classic bottom-up or top-down), integrated the development of the plan across the value chain and link/align the major “planning processes” like strategy to plan to budget to forecast.
Other more general skills we are looking for include general consulting skills particularly around developing client relationships and business development, an understanding of contemporary themes in Finance and a track record of delivery within a similar environment.
For more information about what we do in this space, please visit:
About the role
This role will be mainly client-side, leading teams and supporting transformational work and change engagements for example IBP.
- Delivering Integrated Business Planning aspects of a Finance Transformation / EPM change project as a key PwC member of mixed PwC/ client teams
- Contributing to our continued thought leadership to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed for clients
- Your work will be part of wider transformational programmes and hence exposure to other finance and non-finance processes is desirable
- Building relationships with our key clients, and supporting business development and sales opportunities
- Leading the delivery of projects or workstreams within larger programmes
- Developing the careers of the teams working with and reporting to you
- Being part of the Finance competency helping to develop our methods and knowledge
- Maintaining a consistently high and leading edge market profile
As a Senior Consultant, your direct reporting line will be to a director or partner. You will work as a senior member of our team and be expected to lead engagements (team sizes will vary depending on client/project).
- Opportunity for working from home? (Yes – on occasions)
- Amount of time client based (80%)
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes - regularly)
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes – within reason)
- Amount of time PwC office based (20%)
Joining our team as a Senior Consultant (senior management grade), we would expect you to have considerable experience of leading large change projects, preferably within a major blue chip or consulting environment.
You will have been supporting decision making at a senior level (CFO level) and be able to demonstrate a track record of implementation success, achieving savings and overcoming various challenges. Information on any sector experience is useful. Please place particular emphasis on the skills and experience that you believe to be directly transferable to consultancy.
In addition, we require all candidates to have:
- Education to Degree level;
- Additional qualifications such as ACA/ACCA/CIMA/MBA;
- Experience of leading projects in one or more of the following areas: Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting, Financial Consolidation and Group Reporting, Management Reporting and Analysis, Profitability and Cost Management and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) / Balanced Scorecard definition;
- Understanding of finance operating models and in particularly how finance functions deliver reporting and management information processes;
- Demonstrated ability to advise senior management on alternative solutions and risks with experience of presenting and influencing at a senior level;
- Demonstrated experience of managing a large team
- Experience of process improvement techniques are desirable but not essential;
- Experience of Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting in both its setup and running.
- Experience of performance management aspects across business operations (e.g. product development, procurement, actuarial, risk, treasury, sales, marketing or customer service) also desirable;
- Confident approach, self motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written);
- A flexible and team focused working style within a multi-functional team;
- Preference will be given to candidates with well demonstrated external consulting experience
- Experience of working in an international environment is desirable but not essential;
- Demonstrable end to end project management lifecycle experience (requirements, design, build, implementation) experience;
- First class delivery skills of large, complex projects.
- Business Skills - Understanding our client's business and showing strong commercial acumen in the seeking out of opportunities and the winning of work.
- Delivery Skills - The ability to use our industry and technical skills to better deliver practical solutions that are valued by the client.
- Analytical Skills - Identifying and diagnosing client issues through rigorous analysis, rather than “selling” PwC solutions.
- Individual, Social and Business Interaction - Flexible in using a range of influencing styles in order to build strong sustainable relationships, and demonstrating the firm's values.
- Personal and Professional Development - Committed to seeking and acting on feedback and learning opportunities.
The skills we look for in future employees.
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business. www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.