Consultant - Strategic Communications - Energy & Environment
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,200 professionals in 26 countries, we work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management and restructuring. Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields including: certified turnaround professionals, forensic accountants, corporate investigation specialists, intellectual property specialists, former political leaders, former chief executives, Nobel Laureate economists, banking and securities professionals, certified public accountants, e-discovery professionals, corporate, financial and crisis communications specialists, chartered financial analysts and industry experts. Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialised expertise. We are the company engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories of the last two decades including the Bernie Madoff investment securities scandal, the Stanford Financial Group investigation, the 2010 Gulf oil spill crisis, the Major League Baseball steroid investigation, and high profile corporate restructurings including Lehman Brothers, General Motors and CIT, just to name a few.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and contributing to history-making engagements, read on.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Strategic Communications division of FTI Consulting (NYSE; FCN) is one of the world’s largest strategic business and financial communications consultancies; with over 700 people in more than 25 key markets. FTI works with some of the world’s leading companies throughout the UK and around the world, to provide expert advice to address their most pressing communications and business challenges.
The Energy & Environment team builds and protects reputational value for the full spectrum of UK and international energy industry businesses, from upstream oil and gas, to downstream generation and supply, to breakthrough technologies. We think holistically about the energy industry and recognise that with an entire sector in transition, communications has a crucial role to play in joining the dots. We are currently seeking a Consultant to join the team.
1) Deliver to Clients
- Deliver research proposals
- Ensure client programmes are agreed and project plans are in place
- Work alongside colleagues to ensure timescales and quality assurance are adhered to
- Manage client expectations and anticipate their needs
- Focus on client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Anticipate potentially challenging situations and evaluate alternatives with senior team
- Assist senior team members in creatively preparing and delivering the client programme
2) Build the Business
- Seek new business opportunities and produce fresh ideas
- Look to expand the Energy & Environment portfolio through business with existing clients and the broader FTI group
- Proactively network with media and industry contacts, as well as potential clients
3) Team Involvement
- Share ideas and client information with the team
- Share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues.
- Develop relationships with other teams within FTI
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience in an in-house communications or PR agency role is desirable
- Possess or have the desire to develop excellent contacts with the media in the Energy & Environment sector
- Experience in the Energy environment and related sectors an advantage.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting and client organisations
- Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Ability to work effectively within a busy team
- Takes a pragmatic and ‘can do’ approach
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer