Director - Strategic Communications - Financial Services
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm that provides multidisciplinary solutions to complex challenges and opportunities. With the full power of unique depth of thought combined with the global expertise of leading professionals, we are committed to protecting and enhancing the enterprise value of our clients.
The Strategic Communications division of FTI Consulting (NYSE; FCN) is one of the world’s largest strategic business and financial communications consultancies; with over 700 people in more than 25 key markets. FTI works with some of the world’s leading companies throughout the UK and around the world, to provide expert advice to address their most pressing communications and business challenges.
The Financial Services team builds and protects reputational value for the full spectrum of UK and international businesses, from banks and investment banks, to insurers, asset managers, private equity companies, hedge funds and governments. We think holistically about the industry and address media, analyst, investor, employee and customer audiences from within our team. We are currently seeking a Director to join a growing team of over 25 professionals in London.
- Holds strong relationships with financial services organisations.
- Ensures FTI differentiates itself from the competition through exemplary client service, adopting the latest approaches to client needs and anticipating opportunities to serve them differently in the future.
- Demonstrates the ability to retain the client and grow the client relationship.
- Balances the achievement of operating results with the accomplishment of key initiatives
- Manages the staffing of accounts and takes responsibility for leveraging staff levels properly, to ensure no over-servicing
- Supports business development activities within the unit, both through growing current accounts and winning new business opportunities.
- Targeted networking with key influencers within the media, advisory and industry fields
- Anticipate the evolution and future of the communications industry within financial services and how FTI must adapt to these changes in order to sustain competitive advantage.
- Originates and promotes thought leadership initiatives to support FTI’s market positioning.
Team Leadership & Management
- Recognised as a respected professional in the area of financial services communications in the UK business, the global practice, and externally.
- Addresses staffing and performance concerns boldly and thoughtfully taking appropriate action when necessary.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Senior level comms experience either in-house or agency-side working with financial services clients.
- Proven track record in FS industry-related media relations with extensive network of journalist contacts.
- Strong people manager, with experience in mentoring, training and leading a team of consultants.
- A strong track record in new business generation and conversion.
- Strong communicator to a wide variety of audiences at all organisational levels.
- Ability to deliver high-impact presentations that inspire audience support and buy-in.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI and client organisations.
- A passion for the industry and its future direction.