Senior Director - Strategic Communications - Real Estate
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,200 professionals in 26 countries, we work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management and restructuring. Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields including: certified turnaround professionals, forensic accountants, corporate investigation specialists, intellectual property specialists, former political leaders, former chief executives, Nobel Laureate economists, banking and securities professionals, certified public accountants, e-discovery professionals, corporate, financial and crisis communications specialists, chartered financial analysts and industry experts. Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialised expertise. We are the company engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories of the last two decades including the Bernie Madoff investment securities scandal, the Stanford Financial Group investigation, the 2010 Gulf oil spill crisis, the Major League Baseball steroid investigation, and high profile corporate restructurings including Lehman Brothers, General Motors and CIT, just to name a few.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and contributing to history-making engagements, read on.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting prides itself on its unrivalled sector knowledge. Whatever the market segment, there is a Strategic Communications professional or team of professionals that knows how that segment works – and which PR approach will deliver the best client outcome.
The Real Estate team within the Financial Communications division is a market leader in the property sector, advising high profile companies listed on European Stock Exchanges and Fund Management/Private Equity firms. The role works in both financial and corporate communications and encompasses media and analyst relations, stakeholder communications and issues management both in the UK and increasingly in international markets.
Deliver to Clients
- Support/lead on a number of programmes, including both retained and project work, ensuring that client programmes are agreed and project plans are implemented.
- Own client relationships with limited senior supervision; creatively preparing and delivering the client programme
- Provide strategic advice to a portfolio of clients, manage account on a day-to-day basis and develop excellent relationships with client group. Focus on client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Generate supportive media coverage for clients
- Anticipate potentially difficult situations and be able to evaluate alternatives with senior executives
Build the Business
- Seek out new business leads and help convert them to profitable clients
- Work alongside other senior members of the team on business development activities such as pitch preparation and delivery
- Look to expand the Real Estate portfolio through business with existing clients and the broader FTI group
- Proactively network with media contacts and industry analysts, as well as potential clients
- Project line management for the team working on your clients
- Knowledge sharing and mentoring junior team members.
- Develop relationships with other teams within Strategic Communications and FTI
- Relevant Communications or PR experience either in-house or agency side, ideally within the Financial or Real Estate sector
- Proven track record in delivering successful programmes for clients
- Developing the ability to seek new business and effective at new business pitching
- A strong understanding of the media & how it operates
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent contacts in industry or a desire to develop these
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI and client organisations
- Displays gravitas, confidence and maturity, able to take the lead in team meetings
- Intellectually strong, demonstrating an ability to deal with highly complex issues.
- Takes a pragmatic and ‘can do’ approach
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to provide exceptional client service
- Excellent team player with a positive and collegial focus
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.