Consultant - Strategic Communications - Retail And Resources
FTI Consulting – Strategic Communications
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting is one of the world’s most highly regarded communications consultancies. With more than 20 years of experience advising management teams in critical situations, we help our clients use their communications assets to protect, enhance, develop and defend their enterprise value. We have a comprehensive view of communications and have created an integrated suite of services to help clients address complex issues and reach multiple stakeholders. Our core services include Financial Communications, Corporate Communications, Public Affairs, Strategy & Research and Creative Engagement & Digital.
Our unique sector-based structure allows us to give clients in all industry categories the insight and analysis they need to develop effective strategies and plans. Personal achievement and team participation and reinforces an open, informal working environment, where graduates are encouraged to develop their skills and advance their careers within the firm.
- Discusses issues of business strategy, products, services and target client base with senior colleagues to identify public relations requirements
- Writes, edits and arranges for the effective distribution of press releases, newsletters and other public relations material
- Addresses individuals, clients and other target groups through meetings, presentations, the media and other events to enhance the public image of an organisation.
- Develops and implements tools to evaluate the effectiveness of public relations exercises.
- Takes responsibility for reporting client developments to team members
- Supports on coordination for meaningful events and projects for clients
- Media monitoring to ensure clients are fully aware of the current landscape
- Providing daily media and analyst insights, including summary, to assigned clients
- Providing media and analyst coverage and insights, on assigned clients’ results days, throughout the day. Handle media enquiries and proactively liaise with influential correspondents.
- Daily interaction with the media, and other stakeholder audiences relevant to assigned clients.
A proactive and ambitious professional, ideally you will have experience working either in an in-house communications role or for an agency. With outstanding organisation and attention to detail skills, you will be a strong communicator, a good writer and have previous experience of research, client interaction and strategic thinking. Languages and international business experience is also a bonus. With an ability to work independently as well as being a strong team player, you will have begun to develop your industry contacts, have an interest in both the Resources and Consumer industries, and an appetite to become a specialist in these sectors. You should also have an understanding of the political landscape impacting these sectors.
We can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.