Senior Director - Strategic Communications - TMT Senior Director
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,200 professionals in 26 countries, we work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management and restructuring. Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields including: certified turnaround professionals, forensic accountants, corporate investigation specialists, intellectual property specialists, former political leaders, former chief executives, Nobel Laureate economists, banking and securities professionals, certified public accountants, e-discovery professionals, corporate, financial and crisis communications specialists, chartered financial analysts and industry experts. Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialised expertise. We are the company engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories of the last two decades including the Bernie Madoff investment securities scandal, the Stanford Financial Group investigation, the 2010 Gulf oil spill crisis, the Major League Baseball steroid investigation, and high profile corporate restructurings including Lehman Brothers, General Motors and CIT, just to name a few.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and contributing to history-making engagements, read on.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting prides itself on its unrivalled sector knowledge. Whatever the market segment, there is a Strategic Communications professional or team of professionals that knows how that segment works – and which PR approach will deliver the best client outcome.
In London, the Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) team is a leader in its field. With over 40 clients spanning the full technology, media and telecom spectrum, this team of eighteen highly-motivated professionals provides strategic communications support to a wide range of clients with an equally wide range of needs. Mandates range from the provision of proactive and calendar-focused advice to fast-growing AIM companies; through support for IPOs, transactions and pre-market profile building; right through to highly pressurised engagements such as crisis management, tactical campaigning and fast-paced corporate PR mandates for some of the sector’s largest firms.
The TMT team is now looking for a highly motivated Senior Director to help contribute to and continue its success. This Senior Director will help set the direction for multiple client accounts across both financial and corporate PR disciplines as well as take on the responsibility for sourcing and converting new clients for the team.
- To manage – client accounts, client teams and sophisticated client communication programmes
- To set direction – for team members and client programmes, independent of day-to-day oversight
- To build – our team reputation through excellent service and our team’s success through new client wins
- To apply learning – by bringing fresh thinking and new approaches to how we help our clients
- To deliver excellent client outcomes at all levels – every day and on every mandate
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant PR industry discipline
- Senior level comms experience either in-house or agency-side, preferably working with TMT sector clients or with a demonstrable desire to move in to this sector
- Proven track record of both financial and corporate media relations expertise with an extensive network of relevant journalist contacts
- Confident in advising on the use of new and established channels and tactics – from traditional print media, through online and to social
- Strong people manager, with experience in mentoring, training and leading a team of both junior and senior colleagues
- An agenda-setter – capable of managing and driving the direction of multiple client accounts in a fast-paced and pressurised environment without day-to-day oversight
- A strong track record in new business generation, conversion and client retention
- Proven ability to identify opportunities to grow existing client relationships to include additional solutions and services
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.