Technical Support Engineer - Technology - Tech Operations
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,200 professionals located in most major business centers around the world, we work closely with clients every day to anticipate, illuminate, and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management and restructuring. Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their field and our workforce includes numerous PhDs, MBAs, CPAs, CFEs, JDs, and technologists with expertise across a broad range of industries. Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialised expertise.
Our Technology practice helps clients manage the risk and cost of e-discovery. From forensic data collection to fully managed document review services we collaborate with our clients to deliver strategic solutions tailored to their unique legal requirements. With keen focus on the productivity and defensibility of document review, clients rely on our comprehensive portfolio of software, services and expertise to address matters ranging from internal investigations to large-scale litigation with global e-discovery requirements. FTI is a fast growing, dynamic company and we are seeking individuals who wish to play a real part in helping to shape our future.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing expert technical and application support to our diverse customer base. This includes troubleshooting complex software/hardware/process issues, training, and implementation.
- Provide local, regional, and global principal technical support for Ringtail and other hosted products.
- Assist FTI On Premise clients with onsite and remote implementation of FTI On Premise products, including implementation, configuration and testing.
- Respond promptly and professionally to customer issues received via helpdesk ticketing system, email and telephone.
- Develop and document enterprise architecture specifications for FTI On Premise product deployments.
- Research, resolve and respond to a variety of customer inquiries.
- Engage appropriate resources to resolve and provide timely updates to users on progress. Fully document each customer issue/resolution.
- Regularly suggest system and process improvements.
- May work closely with members of the development team to define and influence product design and functionality.
- Administer users through Active Directory and application administrative interfaces.
- On-call support required.
- Degree educated with a 2.1 or above
- 2+ years hardware/software application support experience
- Proven experience in litigation support or related legal area is highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and technical judgment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to provide excellent client service in demanding, deadline-drive situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with peers and senior management when required.
- Experience and creativity in troubleshooting software/hardware/process problems.
- Ability to guide/contribute to support process improvement.
- Advanced capabilities to create and understand Microsoft SQL Server scripts and stored procedures.
- Understanding of networking, Microsoft 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and newer operating systems, IIS web server, infrastructure/troubleshooting.
- Efficient and effective problem resolution abilities; ability to think clearly under pressure.
- Analyse, identify, and communicate corrective actions to ensure 1st call problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to debug C++ and .NET source code is desirable.
- Previous Ringtail software experience is desirable.
- Understanding of legal terminology, litigation objectives, and litigation support specific technologies (Concordance, Summation, LAW, Nuix etc.) is desirable.
- Experience working with Active Directory is desirable.
- Familiarity with Outlook, MS Exchange Server, and Lotus Notes is desirable.
- Microsoft Technology Certifications is desirable.
- Regional and International travel – Up to 30%