Consultant - Technology - Computer Forensics
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance their enterprise value. For over 25 years, FTI has brought insight and expertise to deliver successful resolution to the most challenging financial, litigation, and business-critical issues. FTI Consulting is a leading global firm that organisations rely on for advice and solutions in the areas of corporate finance and restructuring, disputes and investigations, economic consulting, e-discovery software and services, reputation management, and transaction advisory when confronting the critical issues that shape their futures. We are involved in high-stakes, fast-paced computer forensics projects from around the world. Our workforce of more than 4,200 employees includes numerous PhDs, MBAs, CPAs, CFEs, JDs, and technologists with expertise across a broad range of industries including financial services, retail, healthcare, energy, media and communications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
This entry-level position is for a Consultant role in the Technology practice of FTI Consulting. The successful applicant will be based in the Computer Forensics team in London.
- Liaise with clients and project managers to meet client requests.
- Secure and preserve electronic evidence to forensic standards, on-site at client premises around the UK and abroad.
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and analyse data from phones, mobile devices, computers and storage media.
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary.
- 2:1 degree in a forensic computing or other technology focused subject such as computer science or information systems, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with personal computer hardware, operating systems and software. Familiarity with forensic principles and technologies.• Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Good communicator who can perform in a client facing role.
- Flexible with working hours and has the ability to work in a cross-functional team.
• Knowledge of programming languages such as Java, Perl or C++.
• Knowledge of forensic imaging and analysis tools.