Senior Business Solutions Architect Consultant
Business Solutions Architect (Senior Consultant)
In response to strong business growth, PwC's Consulting practice is currently recruiting Senior Consultants into its Operational Finance Consulting team who will work closely with our Technology practice to provide advisory services across the full lifecycle of technology enabled finance, and broader back office, transformation programmes.
The role of Finance Business Solutions Architect is critical to PwC’s consulting growth strategy. PwC is already recognised as the leader in finance consulting intends to build the best independent “Business Technology Architecture” capability in the UK.
About the role
As a Senior Consultant you are expected to primarily work on client engagements, contributing to and leading finance change projects (‘delivery’), although you will also spend time developing our finance business and technology strategy and solutions and building internal capability in this area. As a senior member of the Finance Consulting Group you will be closely working with and reporting into Director and Partner Grades.
You will be expected to be responsible for:
- Successfully managing large projects with multiple PwC, client and third party teams;
- The overall quality and timeliness of project deliverables;
- The sustainability of project benefits;
- Managing the project economics through on-going review and communication with the client and internally;
- Acting as a subject matter expert for a core area of finance business and technology solutions in advising clients;
- Identifying further opportunities, while client side based on good understanding of the client’s needs, combined with knowledge of PwC's capabilities.
- Contributing to our continued thought leadership around Finance function design, processes, policies, strategy, governance, reporting and systems;
- Supporting on business development activities, leveraging our strong existing client relationships, multi-disciplined colleagues and intellectual collateral to develop appropriate solutions to assist clients;
- Building and maintaining deep and long lasting relationships with senior staff at our key clients.
Our Consulting Practice
Our consulting teams co-ordinate on a global basis, delivering bespoke solutions to our clients to meet the needs of ever changing financial, business, market and regulatory environments. We help organisations design and implement their business strategies by consulting with them to build effective organisations, reduce costs, manage risk and leverage talent.
Our Consulting practice delivers innovative business transformation projects across a wide range of industries, including:
- Financial Services (FS): Retail and Commercial Banking, Capital markets, Insurance (General and Life & Pensions) and Investment Management;
- Public & Private sector (P&PS): Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Pharmaceuticals, Government and Public Sector, Telecoms, Technology, Media & Entertainment and Energy & Utilities.
The Operational Finance Consulting team
Within the Finance Consulting practice, the Operational Finance team focuses on supporting clients, across all sectors, in the following areas :
- Developing Finance vision and strategy;
- Assessing and improving the role, organisation and effectiveness of finance functions;
- Designing and implementing the target operating model (TOM);
- Understanding business requirements and developing and implementing organisation and business process models that leverage finance technologies
- Finance technology advisory services from strategy through selection, design, implementation and optimisation
- Feasibility studies for multi-functional shared service centres;
- Implementing and optimising shared service centres;
- Outsourcing advisory services from strategy through to execution;
- Process design and
Successful applications to these positions can expect as standard:
- A challenging working environment;
- Opportunities for personal and career progression;
- The chance to work with a team of dynamic, like minded people;
- Access to high profile individuals and organisations;
- A competitive salary and flexible benefits scheme that allows you to structure a package to suit your circumstances.
Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes - regularly)
- Managed significant technology enabled finance/broader back office transformation projects with multiple workstreams throughout their lifecycle;
- Led and developed teams of people;
- Ability in senior stakeholder management and relationship building;
- Experience of designing all elements of a Finance Target Operating Model;
- In particular, significant experience of developing end to end finance process models that leverage leading technologies;
- Good understanding of leading finance technologies (including SAP & Oracle), their functionality and how this enables function and broader business transformation;
- Experience of gathering business requirements and translating into solution requirements for finance systems/broader ERP;
- Understanding of the key finance systems design decisions required, associated options and ability to identify the ‘best fit’ functional design based on business requirements;
- Experience of solution options (process and technology) to a range of stakeholders across the business and finance function, and liaison with technical communities
- Experience of finance process and systems design and implementation in shared service and outsourcing environments;
- In-depth understanding of the risks and benefits of implementing new finance systems and business processes;
- Experience of developing and evaluating different transition and implementation approaches across people, process, organisation and systems;
- Understanding of process and systems integration points with other functional areas, e.g. HR;
- Previous experience either leading technology enabled large finance and broader back office transformation programmes within industry or leading consulting engagements working with senior individuals in Finance functions;
- Education to degree level plus;
- Formal accounting qualification or equivalent understanding of accounting principles and processes.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business. www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.