Director - Technology
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance their enterprise value. For over 30 years, FTI has brought insight and expertise to deliver successful resolution to the most challenging financial, litigation, and business-critical issues. FTI Consulting is a leading global firm that organisations rely on for advice and solutions in the areas of corporate finance and restructuring, disputes and investigations, economic consulting, e-discovery software and services, reputation management, and transaction advisory when confronting the critical issues that shape their futures. We are involved in high-stakes, fast-paced computer forensics projects from around the world. Our workforce of more than 4,200 employees includes numerous PhDs, MBAs, CPAs, CFEs, JDs, and technologists with expertise across a broad range of industries including financial services, retail, healthcare, energy, media and communications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
This Director position is a part of FTI Consulting’s Ringtail Consulting team. Ringtail’s flagship web-based document repository and native file review technology.
The Director is responsible for managing multiple aspects of specific client matters, from project initiation to project completion. Our practice primarily provides professional consulting services to law firms for coordinating document review and production using Ringtail. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who:
- Liaise with clients and project managers regarding client requests and manage expectations.
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic evidence sources
- Manages team efforts to apply analytical skills and leverage existing methodologies to various client situations and practice disciplines and create novel customised solutions to meet shifting client needs
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities
- Responsible for day to day activities of projects including interaction with other consultants, supervisors and client personnel
- Solid electronic discovery experience or experience managing document review teams
- Experience supporting document review software applications
- 2:1 BA/BSc degree
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions
- Provide superior client service in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team’s goals above individual goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple tasks through completion
- Good communicator who can perform in a client facing role
- Knowledge of Ringtail databases or similar document review management applications such as Relativity, Introspect or Summation
- Knowledge of SQL database queries and scripting
- Strong proficiency with Windows and related software, especially Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access
- Excellent communication and client communication skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding client service in demanding, deadline–driven situations
- Successful management/supervision of others
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Proven ability to conduct training in a professional environment
- Ability to travel when requested