Senior Consultant - Technology
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance their enterprise value. For over 30 years, FTI has brought insight and expertise to deliver successful resolution to the most challenging financial, litigation, and business-critical issues. FTI Consulting is a leading global firm that organisations rely on for advice and solutions in the areas of corporate finance and restructuring, disputes and investigations, economic consulting, e-discovery software and services, reputation management, and transaction advisory when confronting the critical issues that shape their futures. We are involved in high-stakes, fast-paced computer forensics projects from around the world. Our workforce of more than 4,200 employees includes numerous PhDs, MBAs, CPAs, CFEs, JDs, and technologists with expertise across a broad range of industries including financial services, retail, healthcare, energy, media and communications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
This Senior Consultant position is a part of FTI Consulting’s Ringtail Consulting team. Ringtail’s flagship web-based document repository and native file review technology.
As part of the London based team, the Senior Consultant will assist on all phases of e-discovery projects and will have responsibility for client delivery of small to medium projects.
The primary responsibility of this position is to be part of a cross-functional team that manages all areas related to the collection, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data.
- Liaise with clients and project managers regarding client requests and manage expectations.
- Plan and execute electronic evidence collection exercises, on-site at client premises around the UK and abroad.
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic evidence sources.
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import, and other specialized tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel.
- Co-ordinate closely with colleagues within and across teams to manage the delivery of client requirements.
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary.
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible).
- Solid experience working in an e-Discovery or technology related role.
- Familiarity with personal computer and server hardware, operating systems and software.
- 2:1 BA/BSc degree.
- Self developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions.
- Electronic discovery experience or experience managing document review teams.
- Experience supporting document review software applications.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team’s goals above individual goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple tasks through completion.
- Good communicator who can perform in a client facing role.
- Flexible with working hours and has the ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Familiarity with email server software (Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes).
- Experience with document review management applications such as Ringtail, Concordance, Summation, Relativity or Introspect.
- Knowledge and execution of data manipulation tasks, data conversion and data analysis activities in a SQL environment.
- Litigation support experience.