Senior Profitability, Performance and Cost Management
Performance Management - Profitability & Cost Management - Senior Manager
PwC is one of the world’s leading professional services firm. Our Consulting practice is focussed on working in partnership with clients to deliver real business transformation and making change stick.
Finance is one of our key competency areas providing finance advisory and change support to industry leading clients across a range of topics including Performance Management (PM), Shared Services, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Advisory and Corporate Treasury (CT).
Under the topic of PM, PwC is at the forefront of helping clients establish performance reporting solutions that create business value by generating greater insight, control and efficiency. We work with clients to interpret requirements, design practical solutions and deliver programmes to implement the required changes.
Due to increasing growth we are seeking a Senior Manager (Senior Consultant) for our SAP Profitability & Cost Management (PCM) team.
The role will be based out of our More London (London Bridge) Offices, but you will be expected to travel as required.
About the role
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a leading PCM practice and help develop yours and our capability, enhance our reputation in the marketplace and grow our team.
Our PCM solutions enables business decisions that improve corporate performance by providing factual answers to questions such as:
- Which customer segments/product lines are most/least profitable and therefore worth investing/divesting?
- Which channels to market give best return on investment?
- What is the cost to serve a customer and how can we reduce it?
- Which advertising and promotions generate the best revenue stream?
- How can we build a flexible business plan and do “what-if” analyses?
- How do we prove the business value received from our IT investment?
As a Senior Manager (Senior Consultant) your direct reporting line will be to a Director. This role will be mainly client-based, leading or supporting the delivery of PCM solutions throughout the Project Life Cycle. You will also be responsible for developing teams and individuals and to contribute to business development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading, supporting or Project Managing PCM projects; including requirements definition, solution design, build, testing cycles, deployment, business change, training and benefits realisation
- Providing solution architect expertise
- Leading multi-functional teams (team sizes will vary dependent upon client/project)
- Building relationships with our key clients
- Managing risk and quality on projects
- Providing best practice PCM solutions and advice
- Contributing to our continued thought leadership
- Coaching and mentoring team members
- Opportunity for working from home? (Yes - on occasion)
- Amount of time client based (80%)
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes - regularly)
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes - some)
- Amount of time PwC office based (20%)
Joining our team as a Senior Manager (Senior Consultant) you will be comfortable consulting with our client’s business and IT providers and you can engage easily at all levels, from CFO and CIO to business analyst. You can operate across the full life-cycle of an EPM project: from client engagement to project closure.
Essential skills needed for the role:
- Relevant finance, accounting, business or computer science qualification, such as, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, MSc or MBA
- Project Management qualification
- Extensive experience of designing, building and implementing PCM systems; preferably using SAP software within a major blue chip or consulting environment
- A passion for financial performance management
- Substantial experience of multi stream Project Management
- Experience of leading/working in multi-competency project teams which bring together individuals with industry, functional, technical and change skills
- Demonstrate the ability to advise senior management on alternative solutions and risks
- Business acumen to identify and understand client needs
- Experience of presenting and influencing at a senior level
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- A flexible and team focused working style within a multi-functional team
Desirable skills sought for the role:
- External consulting experience
- Expert technical knowledge of SAP PCM systems including complex rules and model optimisation techniques
- Experience of integrating PCM with data and reporting tools
- Experience of performance management aspects across business operations (e.g. product development, procurement, risk, treasury, sales, marketing or customer service)
- Knowledge and experience of process improvement techniques
- Technical training experience
- Experience of presenting proposals or winning sales
- Experience of mentoring and coaching
The skills we look for in future employees.
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business. www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.