Strategic Consultant Support
Strategic Consultant Support
Mercer is a leading global provider of consulting services, advising clients in managing the health, wealth and performance of their most important asset – their people. Our clients include over 60% of the FTSE 100 and a significant proportion of the Fortune 500.
Mercer has four businesses in the UK: Talent, Health, Retirement and Investments. The Retirement business currently lies as the global leader in consulting and providing advice and solutions to some of the largest pension schemes in areas such as funding, governance and plan design. In Mercer UK, Retirement is the largest business and has over 2000 clients. The objective of the Sales team in Retirement is to retain and grow existing clients as well as develop relationships and win new clients.
The Retirement Business Support role is designed to enable our Retirement consulting team to achieve its overriding priority of actively adding value to the winning of new business from the Higher Education Utilities markets for Mercer. This 12 month placement will involve researching prospective new higher education clients, preparing presentations and using our customer relationship management system to monitor our activities and pursuits.
Key responsibilities will include:
Support new client meetings, presentations and client pursuits
- Assist with client presentations documents, arranging meetings, client visits and agenda packs
- Communicate opportunities to the wider business to seek information on companies, contacts, competitors and services
- Collate feedback from clients
Research prospective new clients and sales activity
- Research client information on Mercer databases as well as external information sources; to monitor company news and identify existing relationships with company contacts
- Ensure up to date information on prospective client activity across the Higher Education Utilities markets
- Monitor tender websites to identify new opportunities
Clients and Intermediaries
- Review the clients within the Higher Education and Utilities markets
- Assist in arranging meetings with other professional advisers (Lawyers, independent trustees and third party evaluators)
- Monitor client feedback reports on our existing clients
Reporting and campaigns
- Review UK opportunities with imminent decision dates, at new stages of sales pursuit or requiring further sales support
- Arrange discussions with relevant consultants and consultant leaders on key sales opportunities
- Assist with reporting
- Support all Retirement campaigns as required including setting up conference calls, reporting on activity and progress
A minimum of 300 UCAS obtained in 3 subjects and a minimum 2.2 honours degree in any degree discipline.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to work in a team with rapidly changing priorities and demands
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Time management and organisational skills
- Business awareness and commercial acumen