Executive Remuneration Consultant
Executive Remuneration Consultant
What does it take to help organisations deal with complex executive compensation issues? Expert knowledge and a deep understanding of emerging trends are important of course. But - as you will know – it also takes professionals who are interested in business, passionate about service, responsive to change and focussed on delivering results.
And that’s why you’ll fit in perfectly at Mercer.
Our Executive Reward team work with the world’s leading organisations to develop executive rewards strategies and programs that reinforce business requirements while reflecting both external and competitive realities. The result is compensation strategies and plans that secure key talent, enhance business performance, are globally relevant and stand up to external scrutiny.
As an Executive Compensation Consultant, you’ll help solve issues affecting business profitability, focusing largely on compensation / reward (salaries, incentives, benefits) and performance (sales, profits, returns, market value). The successful candidate will work closely with our Partners and Principals on client projects. An advanced understanding of executive reward based issues is essential.
- Deliver small to medium-sized client projects and project manage team members on larger projects
- Take ownership for large, complex and non-standard client deliverables, shaping and developing original documents
- Scope projects, develop proposals and attend pitches
- Undertake qualitative and/or quantitative assessment of client's current state:
- Lead research into financial performance, talent management trends, and pay practices and policies for a particular client and within the broader marketplace.
- Lead analysis of clients' financial and compensation data versus the market, including defining the approach (identifying peer groups) and working with market pricing information to ensure market data is reasonable and client specifications are met.
- Interpret findings, review analysis and develop recommendations
- Present information and solutions to the client
- Develop relationships with client and act as the main point of contact for day to day client requests
- Project manage team members on Reward projects and ensure quality by reviewing work product and applying technical expertise (through researching, understanding, and interpretation)
- Manage and mentor less experienced consultants
- As required, develop other relevant marketing collateral, e.g. thought pieces, case studies, articles etc
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits Package.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Experience within a client-facing consulting/services environment or as part of an internal team serving the needs of a large multi-national organisation
- Advanced understanding of executive reward based issues
- Experience with M&A and transactional reward work desirable
- Knowledge of the UK regulations governing executive pay
- Bachelor degree preferably in; finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, human resources, psychology, information systems or accounting.
- Strong research and analytical skills both quantitative and qualitative along with expert proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Superior organisational skills, flexibility managing multiple priorities, working to changing deadlines and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the desire to work on multiple client teams.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity, ability to learn quickly, think critically and creatively and proactive problem solving.
- Experience in data analysis, data modelling and presentation design.