Technology Services: Consultant
Technology Services: Consultant (IT Advisory)
An exciting opportunity to work in Baker Tilly's growing IT Advisory consulting team, with a particular focus on Cloud Computing.
The successful candidate will deliver profitable, value-adding IT advisory work to clients across a range of sectors. They will work closely with colleagues in other functions to identify and define commercial ITAS opportunities within and beyond the Baker Tilly client base. The individual will be expected to travel as required within and outside the UK.
- To deliver client engagements in accordance with the agreed scope and terms and conditions, together with the firm's standard procedures. To confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- To ensure assignments are completed to the highest standard, within the agreed scope and internal budget and to discuss all material points arising with the assignment partner and client immediately, particularly in relation to anticipated overruns.
- To meet with Manager/Director/Partner to discuss client's business and objectives of the assignment.
- To liaise with the client/sponsor throughout the engagement and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that any additional client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To develop a sound knowledge of the firm's specialist services, identify opportunities where clients may benefit from being introduced to other specialists in the firm, and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- To research and assist in the preparation of proposals for new work, and to take part in formal presentations to prospective clients as necessary.
- To take an active involvement in prospective client seminars, and to effectively follow up contact made
Key Performance Measures
- Delivery of a timely and consistently high quality service to clients - measured by client feedback.
- Consistent adherence to deadlines.
- Consistent achievement of agreed budgets.
- Consistent adherence to the Firm's procedures, especially risk management.
- Flexibility towards work including assisting colleagues with urgent tasks when required, willingness to travel etc.
- Confidentiality relating to any information obtained concerning the business affairs of the Firm, its staff and clients.
- Portrayal of the Firm in a professional manner at all times through conduct and attitude.
- Experience within a Practice IT advisory function and/or equivalent position of responsibility within a commercial organisation, including at least experience of at least two full lifecycle software deployments.
- A sound understanding of the technical and commercial aspects of information technology within complex organisations, in particular ERP systems and Cloud Computing.
- An ability to demonstrate commercial awareness.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to a variety of clients and colleagues.
- An ability to demonstrate strong organisational and time management skills.
- Relevant qualification(s) such as Computer Sciences degree, TOGAF certification, ITIL Foundation, Prince2, MSP or recognised business analyst qualification
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- IT Project Management
- Specification and selection of IT systems
- Experience of working with other Advisory services - e.g. Internal Audit, Corporate Finance
- One or more specific sector specialisms.