Technology Services Senior Consultant
Technology Services Senior Consultant: ERP Implementation (Finance)
Baker Tilly’s Technology Services is a fast-growing team which aims to be the leading provider of specialist technology advisory and assurance services to SMEs, the mid-market and the public sector. As a result of significant investments in the team this is a fast-moving, dynamic part of Baker Tilly which will suit individuals who want to fast-track their career in technology consulting, who are keen to make an impact and who would like to work with the latest business technologies such as Cloud computing/SaaS.
Recent projects delivered by the team include IT strategies for an automotive dealership a government department and a housing association, Cloud ERP implementations for an online retailer and a media firm, IT outsourcing assistance for a consulting firm and IT due diligence prior to an acquisition.
The team provides the following consulting services to clients (the successful candidate for this role can expect to work in the areas highlighted in bold):
- IT strategy including Cloud computing
- ERP implementation
- IT project management
- Data analytics
- IT benchmarking
- IT audit
- IT security
- IT resilience
Baker Tilly offers all the opportunities associated with a large national firm of over 3,000 staff and an international network in over 100 countries. At the same time, those joining Technology Services will have the ability to make an impact quickly and to benefit from exciting career development opportunities.
The successful candidate will join the rapidly-growing ERP implementation practice within Technology Services. Baker Tilly is a NetSuite system implementation partner and the successful candidate will work primarily on NetSuite implementations.
NetSuite is the leading global cloud ERP provider, with over 10,000 clients, and Baker Tilly sees a significant opportunity to expand our NetSuite implementation services in the UK to both SMEs and the mid-market.
The successful candidate will receive full training in NetSuite, but will be expected to bring strong knowledge of finance processes and direct experience of configuring ERP finance systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with clients to document and validate their ERP system requirements and map them to NetSuite functionality. She/he will then work with the client’s staff to configure or customise NetSuite to meet those requirements. They will be required to lead client workshops and other project meetings, and to guide the client through the process of setting up and implementing NetSuite according to their requirements, including testing, training and deployment. Typically this will involve working with a Baker Tilly project manager, however on some projects the roles may be combined.
The successful candidate may also work on other types of technology consulting projects such as IT strategy.
- Bachelors degree, minimum 2:2. A relevant subject (such as computer science or information systems) is preferred but not essential
- At least four years direct experience of implementing financial accounting systems and/or ERP systems
- Strong understanding of core finance processes from a systems point of view – in particular procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, record-to-report and multi-company consolidation
- A solid understanding of at least one ERP or accounting systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to clients and colleagues
- Strong personal organisation and time management skills
- A passion for delivering real business value through technology
- Recognised accounting qualification such as CIMA, ATT, ACA, ACCA
- Prince 2, PMP or similar project management qualification
- IT project management experience
- Experience of implementing NetSuite