Social Housing Managing Consultant
Technology Services Managing Consultant: Social Housing
Baker Tilly's Technology Services is a fast-growing team which aims to be the leading provider of specialist technology advisory and assurance services to SMEs, the mid-market and the public sector. As a result of significant investments in the team this is a fast-moving, dynamic part of Baker Tilly which will suit individuals who want to fast-track their career in technology consulting, who are keen to make an impact and who would like to work with the latest business technologies such as Cloud computing/SaaS.
Recent projects delivered by the team include IT strategies for an automotive dealership a government department and a housing association, Cloud ERP implementations for an online retailer and a media firm, IT outsourcing assistance for a consulting firm and IT due diligence prior to an acquisition.
The team provides the following consulting services to clients (the successful candidate for this role can expect to work in the areas highlighted in bold):
- IT strategy including Cloud computing
- ERP implementation
- IT project management
- IT benchmarking
- Data analytics
- IT audit
- IT security
- IT resilience
Baker Tilly offers all the opportunities associated with a large national firm of over 3,000 staff and an international network in over 100 countries. At the same time, those joining Technology Services will have the ability to make an impact quickly and to benefit from exciting career development opportunities.
Baker Tilly is a leading provider of professional services to the social housing sector in the UK, including audit, assurance and advisory services.
Building on our strong brand in the sector, the Technology Services team are seeing increasing demand for IT advisory consulting in the social housing sector and are therefore looking to recruit a specialist to lead our work in this space. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- supporting Baker Tilly partner on business development within the sector
- leading IT consulting projects for housing associations, including but not limited to IT strategy reviews, IT cost reviews, IT skills reviews, IT outsourcing reviews, IT system implementations
- leading Baker Tilly's IT benchmarking services to the social housing sector
The successful candidate will be expected to be able to work largely independently on client engagements, however support and guidance will be provided at all times by a Baker Tilly partner.
This is an exciting opportunity to personally lead Baker Tilly's technology consulting services in a sector which is experiencing rapid change and where Baker Tilly has an excellent brand reputation.
The role will suit an individual who may wish to move into consulting from the social housing sector, or a consultant with experience of the sector.
- Bachelors degree, minimum 2:2. A relevant subject (such as computer science or information systems) is preferred but not essential
- At least eight years direct experience of delivering IT change projects in the social housing sector, either as a consultant or from within the sector
- Strong understanding of the main issues that the social housing is facing at the moment (such as welfare reform) together with knowledge of how technology can help housing associations to deliver their strategic objectives, including for example:
- Housing management systems
- Finance/ERP systems in use in the sector
- Use of Cloud computing in the sector
- Digital inclusion practices
- IT strategy in a social housing context
- The ability to work independently as the lead consultant on client engagements, leading workshops and client interviews
- The ability to manage and lead small teams of consultant on client projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to clients and colleagues
- Strong personal organisation and time management skills
- A passion for delivering real business value through technology
- Prince 2, PMP or similar project management qualification
- IT project management experience