Technology Services Managing Consultant
Technology Services Managing Consultant: ERP AX
Baker Tilly's Technology Services is a fast-growing team which aims to be the leading provider of specialist technology advisory and assurance services to SMEs, the mid-market and the public sector. As a result of significant investments in the team this is a fast-moving, dynamic part of Baker Tilly which will suit individuals who want to fast-track their career in technology consulting, who are keen to make an impact and who would like to work with the latest business technologies such as Cloud computing/SaaS.
Recent projects delivered by the team include IT strategies for an automotive dealership a government department and a housing association, Cloud ERP implementations for an online retailer and a media firm, IT outsourcing assistance for a consulting firm and IT due diligence prior to an acquisition.
The team provides the following consulting services to clients (the successful candidate for this role can expect to work in the areas highlighted in bold):
- IT strategy including Cloud computing
- ERP implementation
- IT project management
- Data analytics
- IT audit
- IT security
- IT resilience
Baker Tilly offers all the opportunities associated with a large national firm of over 3,000 staff and an international network in over 100 countries. At the same time, those joining Technology Services will have the ability to make an impact quickly and to benefit from exciting career development opportunities.
The successful candidate will join the rapidly-growing ERP implementation practice within Technology Services. Our clients in the SME and mid-market segments are increasingly investing in ERP systems and Baker Tilly is well placed to advise them on successful implementation.
We are seeking an experienced Microsoft AX to consultant to shape our advisory and implementation offering for clients who choose AX as their ERP system. In particular the successful candidate will:
- Help the Technology Services partner to win client Microsoft AX projects - involving in sales meeting and other business development activity such as industry events and campaigns
- Raise the profile of Baker Tilly as a provider of AX services
- Shape our AX services through research into the AX market and application of the candidate's own experience
- Lead AX implementations and related advisory services (project planning, project budgeting, project set-up and project assurance)for clients who choose AX
- Build an AX implementation team under him/herself
- Engage other parts of Baker Tilly's consulting business to cross-sell relevant services, e.g. business process improvement
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual with strong AX experience to build and shape an AX consulting team under the umbrella of a leading professional services brand. There will be significant opportunities for career development, including internationally if desired.
Full support and coaching will be given to the successful candidate in practice development, sales and team-building.
The successful candidate may also work on other types of technology consulting projects such as IT strategy.
- Bachelors degree, minimum 2:2. A relevant subject (such as computer science or information systems) is preferred but not essential
- At least eight years direct experience of ERP systems, of which at least three should be with Microsoft AX
- Good understanding of core finance processes from a systems point of view - in particular procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, record-to-report, multi-company consolidation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to clients and colleagues
- Strong personal organisation and time management skills
- A passion for delivering real business value through technology
- Team leadership capability
- A high level of personal professionalism and attention to detail in work outputs
- Experience of Microsoft NAV
- Recognised accounting qualification such as CIMA, ATT, ACA, ACCA
- Prince 2, PMP or similar project management qualification
- IT project management experience