In Baker Tilly's advisory practice, we want to make a difference to the clients we work with. Baker Tilly Performance Improvement Team believe in breaking the mould of traditional accountancy firms and through a flexible approach to our clients we offer services tailored to their needs and ensure that we are not just providing ‘endless reviews’ but we actually get involved and drive real improvement.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate real impact. People who can help transform commercial and public sector organisations.
Summary of Role
The OD Consultant provides consultation, support and expertise in change management, organisational effectiveness and performance issues. Working in partnership with our client, you will seek to achieve cultural development and organisation change initiatives that address corporate goals and strategies. This purpose of the role is to provide advice and support aimed at building organisational cohesion, capability, health and flexibility.
Experience and Background
- Experience in the any of the following areas is required:
- Organisational Design and Business Process Redesign - analysing the way an organisation, department or group is designed to determine whether there is a better way to design how the work gets done and then creating future design.
- Change management -- working with clients to help them plan and implement significant changes in their organisations
- Talent Management/Development -– helping clients assess their workforce capability so that the right people are in the right roles with the right set of skills at the right time.
- Organisational behaviour and performance – using diagnostics and interventions to assess and address organisational effectiveness.
- A proven ability to translate client objectives into deliverable design, and develop deliverables that address complex situations.
- Minimum of a Masters’ Degree in Organisation Development, Business Administration, Psychology or other relevant behavioural science.
- 5 years’ experience in the design and implementation of OD solutions
Personal Characteristics, Competencies and Behaviours
- Develops and positively influences client relationships e.g. measured through sell on, or identifying new opportunities
- Consistently advanced messaging and communication skills (e.g. client proposals, senior executive presentations)
- Ability to gather, analyse and prioritise organisational data to diagnose root causes in order to inform an appropriate course of action.
- Breadth and depth of skills, knowledge and experience in approaches to support and drive the improvement of organisational performance.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with high levels of personal resilience.
- Highly organised, demonstrable ability to manage a broad range of activities and deliver against commitments.
- Ability to role model and demonstrate leadership beyond hierarchical level or job grade.
- Extensive experience of working in complex, cross-organisational, project-based environments, working with a wide range of staff up to the most senior executives.
- Demonstrates pro-activity with a focus on results.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leads and manages complex engagements
- Business development e.g. shaping the proposal, attending the sales meeting, competitive bid and pitches
- Commitment to a sales target (to be negotiated and agreed)
- Subject Matter Expert and “Go-To person” in a particular solution area
- Performance manager, coach and leader of teams
- Builds and maintains a strong internal network and awareness of Baker Tilly services to ensure that our clients benefit from the breadth of advice available