Associate Director - Operational Deal Services
Purpose of Role
The Associate Director plays a strategic role within the Operational Deal Services (ODS) department within Grant Thornton UK LLP. Operational Deal Services (ODS) is a specialised National Business Unit sitting within Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) and is a key Advisory Services growth area within Grant Thornton. ODS provides practical operational insight and advice to private businesses, equity and debt providers and public organisations involved in transactions at all stages of the deal cycle, delivering a wide range of solutions to maximise and sustain value across all industry sectors. Key services offered include Integration, 100 day planning, Separation, Operational Due Diligence (ODD), Synergy case development and reporting.
- You will be responsible for the day to day leadership of projects with minimal oversight from a Director/Partner and will interface directly with client management, financiers and other advisors.
- You will ensure alignment with other service lines such as TAS, Lead Advisory, Performance Improvement and Tax
- Take the initiative and lead business development activities, internally and externally and will assist with the leadership of the ODS team, including the development of service propositions and team development.
- You will have day to day client relationship lead role for a range of transaction sizes and responsibility for client delivery, including leading client meetings / workshops, presentation of project outputs and report drafting
Education and Qualifications
- 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent)
- Previous M&A experience, from having led a mixture of Integration / Separation / ODD / Synergy projects
- Experience of managing project teams and developing and mentoring staff
- Track record in business development / sales in the Operational Deal Services market
Dynamic organisations know they need to apply both reason and instinct to decision-making. At Grant Thornton UK LLP, this is how we advise our clients every day. We combine award-winning technical expertise with the intuition, insight and confidence gained from our extensive sector experience and a deeper understanding of our clients.
We look for people who understand business, people who will ask insightful questions and challenge thinking, people who are approachable, proactive and seize opportunities as they arise. In short, people who can be as fast and agile as our clients are.
Grant Thornton is one of the world's leading providers of independent assurance, tax and advisory services. Over 31,000 Grant Thornton people, across 100 countries, are focused on making a difference to clients, colleagues and the communities in which we live and work.