Retail Consultants - Forecasting & Replenishment
About Us (Inc OBS)
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
Main Purpose of Role
Our presence in the Retail sector has grown rapidly in recent years. We are recognised as a leading player in RetailConsulting, having worked for 26 of the top 30 retailers worldwide. Our customers cover apparel, grocery, general merchandise, entertainment and convenience sectors with projects spanning most domains of retail competency from buying and merchandising, supply chain, logistics, multi-channel retail and store operations.
To continue this exciting growth, we are looking to recruit high calibre Merchandise and Assortment Planning experts, responsible for helping to develop the practice through successful project delivery, business development and thought leadership.
Skills and Experience
To succeed you will need to demonstrate a number of competencies:
- Retail buying and merchandising experience gained through either project roles within a retailer or delivering major consulting assignments for blue-chip retail clients.
- Deep knowledge of end-to-end merchandise and assortment planning processes and their impact on the wider supply chain. Key processes include: pre-season planning, location / channel planning, store clustering, assortment / range planning and in-season management.
- Experience of implementing one or more of the leading merchandise and assortment planning solutions such as JDA, Oracle Retail, TXT Maple Lake and SAP within large, multi-channel retail businesses
- A deep understanding of how these technologies can fundamentally change the supply chain and retail operations in a multi-channel retail organisation.
- Demonstrated career progression with previous employer(s).
- Sharp intellect and strong problem solving skills to address complexity thrown by large scale retail supply chain challenges.
- Analytical rigour and proven ability to synthesise data and formulate conclusions / recommendations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience of different retail sectors, including fashion, general merchandise and / or grocery business models.
- Experienced in consultancy methods and approaches, learned through working for a consulting organisation or via project implementation with a retail organisation.
- Excellent client handling skills to be able to steer a change programme and client through potentially rough waters. These will be supported by interpersonal skills which will allow you to develop strong personal relationships which will enable you to deliver.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Relevant academic or professional qualifications would be an advantage.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We will provide you with intense professional development and as much stretch as you need to put your skills into action, learn and progress. In particular you will have the opportunity for:
- Acceleration: The opportunity to accelerate your career through intellectual challenge, specialist training and responsibility.
- Collaboration: The opportunity to work as part of a high performing, supportive and collegial team that values close collaboration with clients.
- Satisfaction: Swiftly add value and make a real difference to Capgemini and to our clients’ organisations.
- Exposure: The chance to work with some of the most admired organisations across a range of industries and locations.
- Innovation: To work within a company that values innovation and encourages entrepreneurial spirit.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles will involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer an excellent remuneration package to include flexible benefits and bonus dependent on the candidate's competency, skills and level of expertise.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
Capgemini is an equal opportunities employer.