Principal - Retail Buying & Merchandising
About Us (Inc OBS)
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
Main Purpose of Role
Our presence in the Retail sector has grown rapidly in recent years. We are recognised as a leading player in Retail Consulting, having worked for 26 of the top 30 retailers worldwide. Our customers cover apparel, grocery, general merchandise, entertainment and convenience sectors with projects spanning most domains of retail competency from buying and merchandising, supply chain, logistics, multi-channel retail and store operations.
To continue this exciting growth, we are looking to recruit a high calibre Buying & Merchandising Principal, responsible for driving the strategy, shaping our offers, develop our retail capability and lead sales and delivery work with new and existing clients.
Skills and Experience
To succeed you will need to demonstrate a number of competencies:
Deep understanding of buying and merchandising retail strategies and processes including:
- merchandise planning
- assortment planning
- sourcing and costing
- space planning
- pricing and promotions
- in-season management
- Experience of implementing business solutions in the buying and merchandising domain supported by technology where necessary. Understanding of the technology options is essential but deep technical understanding is not necessary.
- A combination of retail and consulting experience, gained from time spent within both industries.
- A track record of selling and delivering major retail projects, defined either through their monetary value or the major impact it has had on the client.
- A history of identifying and delivering innovative but realistic solutions to client problems.
- Strong track record of regularly exceeding Professional Services related sales targets.
- A history of strong career progression with previous employer(s).
- Able to develop and build senior / board level client relationships with the gravitas to engage C-Level individuals on key retail issues.
- Ability to develop tailored proposals and value propositions for clients.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- A self starter, able to make their own impact and thrive in the independence offered to them.
- Ability to thrive in a demanding, high energy and collaborative environment.
- A track record of building capability teams, recruiting and nurturing talent to build a high performing retail consulting practice.
- Ability to manage a team, provide direction and help individuals develop.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We will provide you with intense professional development and as much stretch as you need to put your skills into action, learn and progress. In particular you will have the opportunity for:
Acceleration: The opportunity to accelerate your career through intellectual challenge, specialist training and responsibility.
Collaboration: The opportunity to work as part of a high performing, supportive and collegial team that values close collaboration with clients.
Satisfaction: Swiftly add value and make a real difference to Capgemini and to our clients’ organisations.
Exposure: The chance to work with some of the most admired organisations across a range of industries and locations.
Innovation: To work within a company that values innovation and encourages entrepreneurial spirit.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles will involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer an excellent remuneration package to include flexible benefits and bonus dependent on the candidate's competency, skills and level of expertise.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
Capgemini is an equal opportunities employer.