Management Consultants - Finance Transformation
About Us (Inc OBS)
Capgemini Consulting is the management consulting discipline of the Capgemini Group, one of the world’s largest providers of Consulting, Technology and Outsourcing services. We offer transformational excellence through understanding specific customer needs in all business sectors.
Capgemini is transforming how brands engage and interact with their customers, helping them to develop and deliver the digital strategies that will outperform the competition. We are a class leader in digital consulting, as recognised by global research firm Kennedy. We are at the forefront of research into digital transformation with MIT, helping organisations the world over understand the impact that digital is having to their customers and business.
Within this context, our Finance Transformation unit exists as a distinct capability within Capgemini Consulting delivering exciting and effective solutions to Private as well as Public sector clients. Increasingly our clients are looking for valued partnerships and expertise to help them develop innovative solutions to complex problems. We are looking for high calibre individuals with both the practical experience of implementing solutions and the flair for developing new ideas that will build the leading model of Finance Transformation Consulting.
Main Purpose of Role
You will be part of one of the leading Finance Transformationpractices in the UK. You will help our Clients redefine and optimise their support functions, develop visions, improve operations and systems and drive performance in Finance, Accounting, Knowledge Management and IT. You will be encouraged and have the licence to develop new ways of delivering value.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working with our clients’ Finance (and related) teams to analyse, design and roll-out key finance processes and systems as well as support and present the review of Functional strategies / operations and options.
- Data gathering, process analysis and improvement, ownership and support of team deliverables, basic project and stream management, experience of working in multi-disciplined teams, developing knowledge of various sectors and identification and development of sell-on opportunities.
- Support of the team’s sales and market development agenda.
Skills and Experience
Candidates must have:
- Practical experience of one or more of the following:
1. Finance visioning and operating model design.
2. Defining and optimising Finance processes
3. Shared services solutions / design (including Business Process Outsourcing).
4. Working within a significant finance transformation, change or improvement programme
- Experience of working in a major blue chip organisation or consultancy company; with Consumer Products / Retail, or Asset Management / Infrastructure (Utilities) experience.
- Demonstrable career progression.
- Experience of working in finance within a digital context, such as:
• Defining business cases to support online propositions
• Developing profitability analysis and reporting for on-line customer channels.
• Updating / developing finance processes to support the new digital operating model of an organisation.
- Knowledge / experience of implementing supporting technologies including consolidation / reporting applications and ERP solutions (e.g. Oracle / Hyperion, SAP / Outlooksoft / Cartesis, Cognos, Microsoft BI and Reporting Services).
- Experience of leading a stream of work with formal accountability (for Senior Consultant grade).
- Good presentation skills and experience of delivering to Senior Management or even CXO level.
- Strong general consulting skills and the ability to overcome internal barriers through drive, determination, influencing skills.
- Ability to empathise with clients in politically challenging environments and to work to demanding timeframes / deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with high levels of enthusiasm and a good team player.
- A good first degree or equivalent.
- Obtained a professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA, or be studying for such a qualification.
- Prior Security Clearance desirable, though not essential.
We will provide you with intense professional development and as much stretch as you need to put your skills into action, learn and progress. In particular you will have the opportunity for:
- Acceleration: The opportunity to accelerate your career through intellectual challenge, specialist training and responsibility.
- Collaboration: The opportunity to work as part of a high performing, supportive and collegial team that values close collaboration with clients.
- Satisfaction: Swiftly add value and make a real difference to Capgemini and to our Clients’ organisations.
- Exposure: the chance to work with some of the most admired organisations across a range of industries and locations.
- Innovation: to work within a company that values innovation and encourages entrepreneurial spirit.
Whilst you will have our London office as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as client projects are likely to require you to work away from home (Mon-Fri).
We offer an excellent remuneration package to include flexible benefits and bonus dependent on the candidate's competency, skills and level of expertise.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc all candidates will be required to provide documentary proof, prior to joining the Company that they are entitled to live and work in the UK.