Wealth & Investment Management Consultants
Wealth & Investment Management Consultants
Capco is a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry. We deliver innovative solutions in banking, capital markets, insurance, wealth and investment management and finance, risk and compliance. As the pressures of regulation, cost reduction, and customer expectation grow, we design, build and operate technology for specific operations and entire organizations.
Through our collaborative, team focused and innovative approach, we work side-by-side with our Clients to solve their most complex problems and deliver their highest priority, strategic initiatives. We challenge our clients to think differently about their business and their most significant issues and as a result help them successfully increase revenue, manage risk and regulatory change, reduce costs and enhance control. We were positioned 27th in The Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work for' list for 2013 and also appeared in The Times “Top 50 Employers for Women 2013
Key Responsibilities :
- You have substantial experience delivering transformation in either a major Financial Services consultancy, or in the Change team within a leading Wealth Management institution
- You have experience of work within Transformation programmes addressing the Operating Model of a Wealth Management organization – either at global or regional level.
- You have a strong understanding of the project and programme governance and lifecycle and the ability to employ these concepts in process design, system implementation and the development of client deliverables.
- You have successfully executed roles as programme manager, project manager or PMO in a major change programme
- You have successfully delivered change within an environment with firm and immovable deadlines – especially regulatory deadlines
- You have a solid background in at least one of the customer segments in Wealth Management: Mass Affluent, Affluent, High Net Worth, Ultra High Net Worth
You have in-depth knowledge of at least one of the following areas:
- Wealth Management back office processes e.g. trade processing, custody, corporate actions
- Investment Management / Portfolio Management processes – strategic asset allocation, portfolio rebalancing, order management, etc
- Core banking functions and applications for Wealth Managers and Private Banks
- Regulatory requirements and compliance processes for national and international regulation
- Distribution channel strategy and management
- CRM functions, processes and applications
- Proposition development and management for Wealth Managers
- Financial Planning
- Wealth Structuring (Tax, Trusts, Estates, etc.)
- Investment Management Middle and Back Office Operations or Systems
- Additional areas of Professional Experience which would be of value include:
- Knowledge of key regulatory themes such as RDR, FATCA, Client Suitability, Data Privacy, etc
- prior experience of implementation of Wrap platforms, or functional knowledge of Wrap platform
- Knowledge of client onboarding processes, challenges and regulatory requirement
- Prior experience of the use of digital channels (especially ‘internet’ and ‘mobile’) for the delivery of transactional or advisory services
- functional knowledge of key Private Banking packages such as Avaloq, Olympic, T24, Odyssey AAA, Quasar/Rhymesight
- prior experience of image and workflow with Wealth Management organisations
- prior experience with the outsourcing of Wealth Management / Investment Management services, either from the perspective of the wealth manager or the service provider
- Applicants must have previous consultancy experience
- You have will have proven experience of project work within the Financial Services Industry as a consultant
- You must have a strong academic track-record, including a good first degree, preferably with an analytical bias. An MBA or ACA qualification would be advantageous, although not essential.
- You have a strong understanding of business and market dynamics, financial practices and supportive technologies in the Financial Services Industry generally, and Wealth Management specifically.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to think, write and present in a logical and structured way.
- You have solid interpersonal skills (client facing) and are able to develop relationships successfully.
- You communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with managers and clients, discussing complex ideas and developing project deliverables.
- You are eager to travel and work in cross-border/cross-disciplined teams at client site. (While the practice is based in London, the global nature of our client base means that there is scope for international travel.)
- You are fluent in English and potentially in one other major European language.
- You are a confident user of Microsoft Office Applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Other potential “requirements”
- Understand & be able to communicate the key issues facing Banks at the moment
- Manage key Financial Services client relationships
- Develop the team both through recruitment activity and new client relationships
- Utilising “Thought Leadership” to develop the proposition in this space
- Manage multiple client engagement simultaneously
- Be able to build and manage teams – predominately belonging to the client
- Utilise strong Industry knowledge to assist client with key decisions
- Add significant value to clients using previous experiences as a benchmark
- Make a significant contribution to Practice Management
- Strong FS experience with an understanding of business problems and issues faced by clients.
- Extensive track record of successful delivery: encompassing performance improvement, business process and change management.
- Business architecture, design and development skills
- Extensive client facing skills, across multiple levels of management
- Ability to initiate and lead business change.
- Capability to sell projects to senior members of Financial Services institutions
- Ability to operate and report to the most senior level of management
- Good organisational and planning skills
- The ability to influence at all levels within the organisation
- Be able to prioritise work according to competing factors
- Possess sufficient drive to progress projects under tight deadlines and pressures
- Good decision making skills
- The management of projects, including the specification of deliverables, provision of estimates and plans and progress reporting.
- Allocation of tasks to team members and management of progress.
- Tracking of team activities and reporting usage of effort.
- Taking responsibility for the quality assurance of designs produced by team members against the client’s business needs and departmental priorities.
- Building and maintaining the personal expertise needed to provide expert support to agreed service levels with the client.
- Assist the client to develop the required professional and business skills in their employees.