Senior Financial Analyst
Reporting directly to the Global Manager of FP&A, the position offers high visibility within the Capco Finance team and to senior management, exposure to international business processes and culture and a high level of responsibility with a wide breadth of tasks to challenge the successful candidate
This position requires working within a team responsible for the provision to the global business of financial information that illustrates current and forecasted future performance of the business. The team has a heavy emphasis on the analysis of actual results, the consolidation of short and medium term forecasts / budgets, and longer-term business planning, utilising both financial and non-financial metrics, and developing and implementing the future business reporting systems.
We were positioned 27th in The Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work for' list for 2013 and also appeared in The Times “Top 50 Employers for Women 2013
Specific objectives include:
- Running the close process that involves producing financial results for the different business segments.
- Consolidate and analyse regional forecasts and provide variance analysis against prior forecasts, budget, etc.
- Provide insight and analysis into the financial performance of the business including trends, matrix/KPI analysis and compares to previous years, company plans, forecasts, etc.
- Producing materials for our Executive Management Teams.
- Executive Management Team and Shareholder report preparation. Responsible for co-ordinating operational lead contributions, reviewing and challenging actual versus forecast, analysis provided and assisting in ensuring clear messages are communicated to the various Management Teams and our Shareholder.
- Presenting the forecast assumptions and performance to Senior Executives.
- Contributing to the production of special project presentations at Executive Management Team, CFO and COO level.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial commentary and presentations to Global CEO, Executive Management Team and External Owners.
- Model building in excel and reporting software (multi-dimensional reporting platform).
- As part of the FP&A team, work with and own the reporting tools and software
- Be involved in any development work around new reporting requirements as required
- Assist in developing and building the budget around the company’s operating model and reporting needs of the business
- Develop and analyse KPI’s and scorecards for our various business/service lines
- Assist the various business/service lines with the build of the budget based on prior years’ performances, trends, growth plans, etc.
- Assist in consolidating the local/regional bottoms up data
- Work with various other corporate services teams in building their global budget, based on prior years’ actuals, trends, etc. .
- Responsible for monitoring day-to-day activities of junior resources within the team.
- Drive enhancement of policies, procedures and business practices that improve efficiency within the function and the business
- Serve as the trusted advisor to the business
- Partner with management on various projects, related data requests and financial reports to support strategic initiatives, ad hoc projects and assignments as they develop.
- Identify, oversee and implement process improvements in a high growth environment to provide scalability and strengthen the reporting control framework
- Collaborate with business and other Corporate Services teams to understand their requirements and needs
Person specifications/ Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Required job experience
Previous experience in a similar role
Experience with the services/consulting business model
Experience achieving results in a fast-paced, high growth, multi-priority environment
Advanced Excel with experience of building reporting and forecasting templates within excel.
Multi-dimensional modelling experience strongly preferred (TM1, SAP EPR, Hyperion Planning, Cognos, etc.)
Excellent English fluency required. Dutch, German or French are considered as a big plus.
Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills required.
Required business skills
Business maturity commensurate with the high profile and level of responsibility this position entails. Communication skills, and a customer service attitude are critical'
Excellent organization skills, with a demonstrated ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities appropriately.
Ability to understand the business’s needs and how to successfully support a high-growth organization, translating this into business-oriented processes and procedures that achieve objectives timely and effectively.
Prior experience within an international company; or significant exposure to other cultures within a global company.
Willingness to travel
Must be willing to travel occasionally if business needs indicate. Expect this may occur once or twice a year.