Capco is a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry. We deliver innovative solutions in banking, capital markets, insurance, wealth and investment management and finance, risk and compliance. As the pressures of regulation, cost reduction, and customer expectation grow, we design, build and operate technology for specific operations and entire organizations.
Through our collaborative, team focused and innovative approach, we work side-by-side with our Clients to solve their most complex problems and deliver their highest priority, strategic initiatives. We challenge our clients to think differently about their business and their most significant issues and as a result help them successfully increase revenue, manage risk and regulatory change, reduce costs and enhance control. We were positioned 27th in The Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work for' list for 2013 and also appeared in The Times “Top 50 Employers for Women 2013
The Project Manager is responsible for successful delivery of client projects or rescuing existing projects. Such projects include technology, business change and transformation.
The role requires the ability to manage and lead projects, their inter-dependencies and any risks/issues that may arise. The Project Manager is responsible for overall delivery assurance, integrity and coherence of the project by developing and maintaining a project environment capable of supporting each delivery phase.
The role also requires the ability to quality assure projects and develop with the client an agreed course of action to ensure delivery.
- Planning and designing the project. Proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective actions as appropriate
- Defining the project governance structure
- Developing or utilising existing benefit tracking mechanisms including sign up to business benefits
- Quality assurance and overall integrity of the project - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the project; and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other projects/portfolios/programmes and corporate technical and specialist standards
- Ability to deliver multiple projects using a variety of methodologies
- Managing the project’s budget, monitoring the expenditures and costs against delivered and realised benefits
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to the project delivery teams
- Ensuring that the delivery of new products or services to the appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the project plan, business case and governance arrangements
- Ensuring that there is efficient allocation of common resources and skills within the project portfolio
- Managing third party contributions and costs to the project
- Build credible, trusted advisor relationships with key client stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Responsible for £3m+, multiple delivery 6 months+ projects
- Helping grow Capco's client and project pipeline
- Contributing to RFPs and RFIs
- Successful delivery of projects (£3m+, multiple delivery 6+ months projects) within Banking or Insurance and ideally gained within a consulting firm.
- Presenting to project boards and dealing with difficult and demanding stakeholders
- Remaining calm under pressure and think clearly to address difficult problems such as budget over run, initial poor estimating and benefits management
- Ability to turn round difficult relationships and build trusted relationships
- Working effectively with third party suppliers by building good relationships but also to control them to deliver and take ownership of their issues
- Turning dysfunctional delivery teams in to performing teams that can deliver
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Very strong and effective leadership and communications skills
- Experience in at least 3 of the following Service Delivery, Application Management, Application Delivery or Business Change
- Previous Financial Services (Retail Banking or Insurance) and commercial experience
- Consulting experience
- Extensive experience in building new client relationships
- Experience of developing RFPs and RFIs
- Extensive knowledge of project management methodologies
- Demonstrable experience of budget and resource allocation responsibility
- Sufficient gravitas and credibility to advise other project teams on the impact they will have on the programme
- Strong influencing skills and ability to positively and sensitively work with senior stakeholders
- Strong relationship management skills, with the ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- The necessary previous experience in similar position to assume the responsibilities of the role
- Team Player
- Ability to prioritise
- 100% travel to client site may be required