Investment Banking Change Consultant
Programme Manager – Capital Markets / Investment Banking Change Consultant
Capco is a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry. We deliver innovative solutions in banking, capital markets, insurance, wealth and investment management and finance, risk and compliance. As the pressures of regulation, cost reduction, and customer expectation grow, we design, build and operate technology for specific operations and entire organizations.
Through our collaborative, team focused and innovative approach, we work side-by-side with our Clients to solve their most complex problems and deliver their highest priority, strategic initiatives. We challenge our clients to think differently about their business and their most significant issues and as a result help them successfully increase revenue, manage risk and regulatory change, reduce costs and enhance control. We were positioned 27th in The Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work for' list for 2013 and also appeared in The Times “Top 50 Employers for Women 2013
Capco are looking for management consultants with a proven record of successfully delivering new client programmes or rescuing existing programmes across technology, business change and service transformation within Capital Markets (e.g. Investment Banking Operations change, OTC Derivatives and Clearing, Risk and Regulatory change)
The role requires the ability to manage and lead programmes, their inter-dependencies, and resolve any risks/issues that may arise. The Programme Manager is responsible for overall delivery assurance, integrity and coherence of the programme by developing and maintaining a programme environment capable of supporting each delivery phase. This could be a large scale business or technology transformation, business process re-engineering or Target Operating Model (TOM) design.
- Planning, designing, leading and delivering large-scale transformational programmes (100+ resources, £50m+ budget, multi-year, multi-functional, multi-geography, on/off-shore), and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective actions
- Implementing programme governance, running the design authority and providing quality assurance.
- The ability to focus inwardly on the consistency of the programme and outwardly on coherence with infrastructure, other programmes and corporate technical and specialist standards
- Delivering multiple projects using a variety of methodologies within the same programme
- Planning and managing the programme's budget and third party contributions and costs, and monitoring the expenditures and costs against delivered and realised benefits
- Ensuring that the delivery of new products or services from the projects is high quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and governance structure
- Building credible, trusted advisor relationships with key client stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Building successful, motivated, productive teams including a mix of Capco, client and 3rd party/contractor.
- Playing a central role in Capco sales opportunities, including contributing to or leading RFIs and RFPs
- The ability to demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving in line with Capco’s innovative culture
- Successful delivery of large scale complex programmes in the Capital Markets and investment banking world, within a management consulting firm
- Presenting to Executive boards, engaging and challenging stakeholders regarding their viewpoint
- Remaining calm under pressure and thinking clearly to address difficult problems such as conflicting agendas, budget over run, poor initial estimating and benefits management
- Working effectively with third party suppliers by building good relationships and controlling them to deliver and take ownership of their issues
- Proven record of successfully developing individuals from a line, project and coaching perspective
- Turning dysfunctional teams in to performing teams that can deliver
- Exceptional leadership and communications skills
- Credible industry expertise in the Capital Markets space in areas of current interest e.g. Investment Banking Operations change, OTC Derivatives and Clearing, Risk and Regulatory change
- Experience of working in a range of different business areas as a consultant, not just one niche vertical
- Ability to create project teams through a management consulting resourcing model
- Extensive knowledge of formal project management methodologies and programme planning and control techniques
- Significant experience of large scale budget and resource allocation responsibility
- Gravitas and credibility to advise other project teams of the impact they will have on the programme
- Strong influencing skills and ability to work positively and sensitively with senior stakeholders
- 100% travel to client site may be required