Principal - Supply Chain - Consumer Products
About Us (Inc OBS)
Capgemini is a thought-leader in the Consumer Products and Retail Industry with a strong track record of delivery. We have a leading position in developing innovative value propositions for clients from strategy inception to assisting in execution and benefits delivery.
Main Purpose of Role
We are looking for an individual with a strong track record in the delivery of supply chain transformation in the Consumer Products sector. S/he will have experience in the issues faced by CPG manufacturers, the key supply chain challenges in this sector including globalisation, tax optimisation, product and process standardisation and supply chain network optimisation. S/he will have the deep experience of the transformation programme lifecycle from strategy through to implementation. S/he will be able to demonstrate an active and well informed knowledge of the CPG sector and have an opinion on key trends.
- Business development – utilising a combination of the organisation’s broader pre-existing relationships, company relationships and your own network to generate revenue.
- Engaging with clients – developing relationships with senior members of the Tier 1 and 2 FMCGorganisations.
- Driving supply chain strategy, consulting and technology offerings to new and existing clients, ensuring offerings are relevant and timely.
- Acting as an authority and thought leader, on the subject of supply chain transformation inConsumer Products.
- Planning and managing the effective development and growth of Capgemini’s Consumer Products capabilities.
- Engaging at Board Level with clients and potential clients.
- Ensuring effective delivery and timely completion of projects in alignment with commercial goals.
- Working collaboratively with other consultants in Consumer Products and Supply Chain teams in order to ensure success.
- Defining the target shape and composition of the Consumer Products Supply Chain team and recruiting consultants.
- Mentoring other members of the team in order to ensure their effective development.
Skills and Experience
- A robust knowledge of FMCG supply chain key issues and challenges from Strategy, Planning, Logistics, Inventory Management and Supply Chain management etc.
- Experience of working within a major consultancy or strategy organisation.
- Experience in mentoring high performing teams.
- A history of rapid career progression with previous employer(s).
- A demonstrable network, in Tier 1 and key Tier 2 FMCG firms.
- A combination of Consumer Products, Supply Chain, ideally with ERP and more general consulting experience, gained from time spent within these areas.
- A track record of selling and delivering major supply chain programmes, defined either through their monetary value or the major impact it has had on the client.
- A history of leading teams and delivering innovative but realistic solutions to client problems.
- Strong track record of regularly exceeding Professional Services related sales targets.
- Experience of managing multiple projects to achieve commercial goals.
- Highly motivated.
- Able to thrive in a demanding but collaborative environment.
- Able to develop and build senior/board level client relationships.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Credible, holding the gravitas to engage with C-level individuals.
- A self starter, able to make their own impact and thrive in the independence offered to them.
- Capable of communicating effectively with CXOs on a peer to peer basis.
- Ability to manage a team, provide direction and help individuals develop.
- Ability to develop tailored proposals and value propositions for clients.
- Intellectually strong with an excellent academic background.
We will provide you with intense professional development and as much stretch as you need to put your skills into action, learn and progress. In particular you will have the opportunity for:
- Acceleration: The opportunity to accelerate your career through intellectual challenge, specialist training and responsibility.
- Collaboration: The opportunity to work as part of a high performing, supportive and collegial team that values close collaboration with clients.
- Satisfaction: Swiftly add value and make a real difference to Capgemini and to our clients’ organisations.
- Exposure: The chance to work with some of the most admired organisations across a range of industries and locations.
- Innovation: To work within a company that values innovation and encourages entrepreneurial spirit.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice. We offer an excellent remuneration package to include flexible benefits and bonus dependent on the candidate's competency, skills and level of expertise. In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.