Management Consultant - Utilities (Water)
About Us (Inc OBS)
Capgemini is the #1 in Utilities for IT services in the UK (Gartner 2013) and the global leader in Smart Energy Services; we wish to build further on this success by expanding our Utilities team within Capgemini Consulting.
Main Purpose of Role
This exciting Managing Consultant or Principal level role will be to work on the pursuit and delivery of consulting services in the Utilities sector – Water and Power – as well as providing subject matter expertise, capability development and intellectual capital. Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing new business by offering pragmatic solutions to Utilities clients;
- Undertaking a leading project management role in driving the design and implementation of Utility projects;
- Provide industry business knowledge and experience to teams engaged in delivering Utility projects.
Business Development: The successful candidate will support the sales activity across Capgemini Consulting. They will provide the Subject Matter Expertise to support the development of robust and pragmatic solution proposals for the sector.
- Delivery: The candidate will form part of an experienced and flexible project delivery team, helping Utilities clients to realise benefits in terms of improved efficiency and customer service.
Skills and Experience
- Significant experience gained within the Utilities (Water & Power) sector;
Evidence of having developed consulting business within the Utilities sector;
- Demonstrable understanding of at least some of the challenges facing the Utilities sector;
- Able to demonstrate insight and / or innovation for how companies can improve performance in response to those challenges;
- Consultancy experience (internal consulting experience will be considered).
- Ability to demonstrate deep insight and expertise in at least one of the areas where the Utilities industry faces challenges, requiring support from business advisors and performance improvement consultants. The following areas are most desirable, but others will be considered:
- Customer service
- Operational excellence
- Asset management
- Metering, including smart metering
- Highly credible with evidence of strong senior management and board level client relationships;
- Structured problem solving and analytical skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Collaborative and team-building attitude;
- Confident, poised, ability to relate to board level executives.
We will provide you with intense professional development and as much stretch as you need to put your skills into action, learn and progress. In particular you will have the opportunity for:
- Acceleration: The opportunity to accelerate your career through intellectual challenge, specialist training and responsibility.
- Collaboration: The opportunity to work as part of a high performing, supportive and collegial team that values close collaboration with clients.
- Satisfaction: Swiftly add value and make a real difference to Capgemini and to our clients’ organisations.
- Exposure: The chance to work with some of the most admired organisations across a range of industries and locations.
- Innovation: To work within a company that values innovation and encourages entrepreneurial spirit.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice. We offer an excellent remuneration package to include flexible benefits and bonus dependent on the candidate's competency, skills and level of expertise. In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.